User Avatar Image

Trouble with the "Time of Big Boom" puzzle

posted by The Leg on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I stumped at the "Time of Big Boom" puzzle. (The one in front of the factory). The in-game hints aren't helping me. Anyone have any tips?

13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @The Leg said: I stumped at the "Time of Big Boom" puzzle. (The one in front of the factory). The in-game hints aren't helping me. Anyone have any tips?

i just did this puzzle! Basically you need to find out what time the big noise was. The guards had shifts for 24 hours. Now what you know that one guard started at 6:00 but you dont know if thats am or pm. One Guard guarded for 8 hours and one for 3. 8+3 =11. 11 - 12 = 1, so the guard that started at 6 ended at 1.

• There are two possible solutions to this one. Both 3 and 8 are viable given the statements. Bernie doesn't actually say that the incident happen in his shift (also, it is possible to solve it without interpreting his shift as the second to last from the beginning). All you really need to understand is that Iggy can't have taken the shift at 18:00.

• One thing that I didn't get the first time (sorry if the hints already say this)
    The guard that says he worked from 6 am/pm till being relieved means he was relieved by ANOTHER GUARD, if that helps.

• Lol i disagree... so far this puzzle made the most sense to me. puzzle 3 is the worst iv seen so far.

• The only thing I disagree about this puzzle and makes it illogical is that it assumes, whithout telling the gamer, that the shifts are divided into two "blocks": from 00:00 to 12:00 (a.m. block) and from 12:00 to 24:00 (p.m. block). Not knowing this it's impossible to solve.
    I solved the enigma with 2 hints, and the second one basically gave me the solution. So I clicked on the clock and went on.
    Thumb down.

• I thought the game's worst illogical puzzles were all fairly near the beginning and got better towards the end. Hated this one most of all though!

Add Comment