User Avatar Image

Any way to redeem myself?

posted by Pak-Man on - last edited - Viewed by 680 users

So I thought in the snowmobile puzzle I had to go PAST the lights, not THROUGH them, and now I'm stuck with the shame of an imperfect puzzle score. When I retry the puzzle, it's still imperfect. Is there any hope of getting a perfect score, or would I have to start a new game to redeem myself?

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Heh, nobody's mentioned the "who got served what?" puzzle, so I'm guessing I'm the only one with a problem with that so far. I have done about 15 puzzles so far, with 10 on all of them, but 1 on that. I wasn't totally sure I knew what food the people looked like, then I started questioning whether or not they were sitting by their spouses, and whether across the table counted as being a plate next to another plate or not, and ended up just bombing the puzzle. Seems everyone else just wizzed through that one though :p

• I "messed up" once on "New Employee Error", because apparently you have to start from a specific football player. I started from the football player in the upper-right, submitted it, and got rejected. Then I redid it with the exact same formation starting with the lower-right football player and got accepted. *sigh*

• @SHODANFreeman said: Yeah, most of my mistakes are misunderstandings of what the goal of the puzzle actually is.

yup. good puzzles tho. some required some actual thinking :).

• @doodinthemood said: Heh, nobody's mentioned the "who got served what?" puzzle, so I'm guessing I'm the only one with a problem with that so far.

The most upper 4 ones I got easy.
    Not sure how I was able to get the lower 2 though... I just did that randomly (after first totally screwing up since it discounted my solution :(... oops) until one was right.

• @Cantatus said: I "messed up" once on "New Employee Error", because apparently you have to start from a specific football player. I started from the football player in the upper-right, submitted it, and got rejected. Then I redid it with the exact same formation starting with the lower-right football player and got accepted. *sigh*

On that one the first time I did it, for some reason I thought the goal was to connect every player possible without breaking a window. :o

• One thing you could try is look at the hints, solve the puzzle and if you get a "Rejected" Alt F4 out of the game because it only saves after you leave the puzzle screen. When you start the game back up you can jump into the puzzle and solve it in one go.

• @SHODANFreeman said: On that one the first time I did it, for some reason I thought the goal was to connect every player possible without breaking a window. :o

Ehm... it is? :confused:

@ Mateo: Cheater.

• @Hassat Hunter said: Ehm... it is? :confused:

I mean, every possible connection without breaking a window, not just once per player.

• Yeah, if this game achieves full series status (And I really do hope it does) Telltale will have to think of some better way to illustrate the puzzle goals...

• @doodinthemood said: Heh, nobody's mentioned the "who got served what?" puzzle, so I'm guessing I'm the only one with a problem with that so far. I have done about 15 puzzles so far, with 10 on all of them, but 1 on that. I wasn't totally sure I knew what food the people looked like, then I started questioning whether or not they were sitting by their spouses, and whether across the table counted as being a plate next to another plate or not, and ended up just bombing the puzzle. Seems everyone else just wizzed through that one though :p

I had some trouble with it, but the only one who didn't resemble any of the foods was burger guy. Other ones had at least something really specific about their resemblence.

Add Comment