8 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "For instance, it's not really clear that all of them will move at once, not one at a time."

I totally agree. It would be helpful if the puzzle rules stated that the lifts will all move simultaneously.

In general the puzzles were great, however a few of the instructions were a bit ambiguous - particularly the watchman puzzle. I broke my brains on that before I took the hints, and realized the shifts start at 00:00 and end at 24:00. I'm not sure if I'm just daft and this is a common-sense kind of assumption, but the puzzle isn't really solvable without that premise. I think the rules ought to specify that.

• @DocDaneeka said: "For instance, it's not really clear that all of them will move at once, not one at a time."

I totally agree. It would be helpful if the puzzle rules stated that the lifts will all move simultaneously.

In general the puzzles were great, however a few of the instructions were a bit ambiguous - particularly the watchman puzzle. I broke my brains on that before I took the hints, and realized the shifts start at 00:00 and end at 24:00. I'm not sure if I'm just daft and this is a common-sense kind of assumption, but the puzzle isn't really solvable without that premise. I think the rules ought to specify that.

it states that the watchmen worked from midnight to midnight right at the explanation(the beginning of the puzzle).

• ahhh, whoops :/ I guess that's what I get for playing a puzzle game into the wee hours of the morn - the old short-term memory starts cutting out.

• I wonder how so many people missed all elevators move similtaniously. It seemed... obvious. Unlike a few other descriptions...

• @Hassat Hunter said: I wonder how so many people missed all elevators move similtaniously. It seemed... obvious. Unlike a few other descriptions...

I didn't get it until I tried once and watched it fail. Then I felt stupid for having not figured it out.

• I just assumed that since there weren't enough spaces in the direction panel to move each lift individually, they would all move together.

• I assumed I have to do the same programming for every lift but they will not move together for wathever reason. At the end, it was sheer luck =P

• Change the title to Professor Layton, make it for the DS, and give everyone top hats.

U c wut i did thar?

Add Comment