User Avatar Image

Do you want this game to be turned into a full season?

posted by Neelo on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

So, do you want it? I would definitely buy it, I loved this game and am looking forward to other pilot episodes!
EDIT: There's a typo on the third option, it should be "and Telltale should focus on better games"

93 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't know bout you, but that was the shortest 2 and a half hours of my life
    In short: eff yes.

• Better than Sam & Max Season 3, but not better than Professor Layton.

I loved it a lot. It definitely is a Grickle story. If you don't like the comics or Youtube page, you wouldn't like the morbid moments... or the scare tactics... or the ending... ^_^

If they do make a series, I hope that each episode is self-contained and doesn't refer to each other than a passing mention.

• I enjoyed the game, but I felt that the difficulty of the puzzles was pretty low. For this to be really worth it for me, I think it would need more complex puzzles. I know that it's difficult to tune the puzzles so that it is both challenging for the more serious puzzlers, and yet not too difficult for the rest of the audience, but maybe if there was a setting for regular or 'hard' mode, with more difficult versions of the puzzles in hard mode or something. It'd obviously be more work, but I'm not sure I see another way to solve the difficulty (Or lack thereof) problem, and the hard mode puzzles could be just more difficult variations on the regular puzzles if that would reduce the amount of extra work it would create. At any rate, I felt that it was a fun game, and I'd probably check out at least one more episode, but without the difficultly level being adjusted I don't think I'd stick with the series beyond that.

• I was only playing the demo (I'll get it for IPod), but so far it's fantastic! Fresh and with great atmosphere. I'd say it's shaping up to be the best Telltale game since ToMI season. SamnMax is just not my thing (a bit too random for my liking).

• Only if they add the ability to adjust the graphic level like in Tales of Monkey Island and The Devils Payhouse. I can't play this game because of that and i was really looking forward to it too. :(

• @freakazoid said: Only if they add the ability to adjust the graphic level like in Tales of Monkey Island and The Devils Payhouse. I can't play this game because of that and i was really looking forward to it too. :(

According to a telltale employee posting on these forums (I think it was Jake?) The game is running at the equilivant of a graphic level 1 from ToMI for S&M: S3: TDP. They recomended that lowering the resolution could help.

• I certainly hope that Telltale will create an entire season out of this game, because 'The Hidden People' was just so enjoyable and it had such a great atmosphere. I'm quite sure that Telltale will create an entire Puzzle Agent season because, from what I've read, it has been very well received by fans and reviewers alike. And, in addition, it's already one a [fairly] major award! Telltale would be stupid not to follow up 'The Hidden People' with a Puzzle Agent season, and Telltale aren't a stupid company. I look forward to episode 2; I know it's coming.

• I think a good solution, for those wanting harder puzzles, is to put the hard puzzles kind of as an extra. You tackle the main storyline and some of it's direct side-quests with easier to semi-tough puzzles. However, you also unlock the optional Tough Puzzles with which those trying to 100% the game, can tackle.

• @elzbenz said: According to a telltale employee posting on these forums (I think it was Jake?) The game is running at the equilivant of a graphic level 1 from ToMI for S&M: S3: TDP. They recomended that lowering the resolution could help.

i tried that. i put the resolution at 800x600 and it was still too slow more me to play. I can play ToMI and Devils Playhouse at Graphic Level 3 so if they said it's at Graphic Level 1 either he was mistaken or they have drastically uped their Graphics.

• @freakazoid said: i tried that. i put the resolution at 800x600 and it was still too slow more me to play. I can play ToMI and Devils Playhouse at Graphic Level 3 so if they said it's at Graphic Level 1 either he was mistaken or they have drastically uped their Graphics.

Actually, he said it was the equivalent of graphic level 1-4.

Add Comment