User Avatar Image

We want TOMI on XBL !!!!!

posted by Fliter on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I am maybe the only one on earth that is waiting for TOMI on XBL since the original release...

Why?!?! Because I have enjoyed so much playng S&M on the sofa with the joypad that I i just consider this as the only way to play TOMI...

Now TOMI has been released on PSN...

I WANT TOMI x MY XBOX360!!!

I am the only one here?!?!

What is that? It is an exclusive agreement with Sony?

It is incredible... xbox360 has only taken old & already (long time) released TellTale games...
PS3 get S&M3 and now TOMI....

Bad move Telltale...

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ash735 said: Plus, to add to the above point, the PSN has a subscription network in place, which means people can pre-order, which is what I think TellTale was attracted to, that meant PS3 users could buy the full season before the first episode was even released just like PC Users can, also means they can sell the episodes separate for a set price, or in a bundle for a cheaper price as the PSN allows grouping purchase from developers.

Yes, you are right. But this doesnt make sence at ToMI.

• @tonyskate said: Yes, you are right. But this doesnt make sence at ToMI.

Actually it does, Currently the PSN doesn't have them all up as separate, but if you buy the full season, you get access to the five separate episodes to download right away. Unlike Sam & Max Season 1 and 2 on the Xbox 360, the games are not combined into one, they are separate still, so by buying the Season, you get all five separate episodes there and then.

• @Ash735 said: Actually it does, Currently the PSN doesn't have them all up as separate, but if you buy the full season, you get access to the five separate episodes to download right away. Unlike Sam & Max Season 1 and 2 on the Xbox 360, the games are not combined into one, they are separate still, so by buying the Season, you get all five separate episodes there and then.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but I agree with him. ToMI is basically one long game cut into 5 parts and since its already finished, it would be fine and easy to release it the same way Sam and Max are on XBLA.

• @Purple Tentacle said: Have you not considered there might be a reason these games aren't ported to every console on release? That there might be some logic to TTG business plan?
    Like I said, TTG are doing better than ever before. So clearly they're getting something right. These guys haven't just walked out of school into their first job, they've been doing it for years.
    So how much business experience do you possess?

Well actully I am doing business day by day just for living...But these are personal matters.
    But, do you not believe that it is now time for TT to invest some money (& time) to develop a "real time" multiplatform engine (like many Company have already done?)? It will be blessed money!

@Purple Tentacle said: Of course your idea sounds great on paper. Multiformat releases from day one obviously = $$$ But for one reason or another (that I do not claim to know) this isn't possible for this particular company.

That why I believe, as a day 1 MI fan, that TOMI should have deserved something better! And here the fault, to me, is shared between LA & TT!

@Purple Tentacle said: By all means hope and ask for an XBLA conversion, great news! But ironically your whole thread boils down to a fanboy rant about how it should have been put on "the superior console" because that's where you believe the money lies.

I have never stated that the Xbox is "the superior console". I have simply stated that XBL is the Heaven of the downlodable contents!

@Purple Tentacle said: How do you know there isn't an untapped market on the PSN? Also what better way to introduce users of the PSN to TTG, than by releasing their two biggest franchises to date?

As I have stated many time, I am very happy with TOMY on PSN (or Mac or Ipad etcc..). I have absolutelly no problem with it! I just really want it also on the XBL marketplace!

@Purple Tentacle said: The problem lies, not with your opinion but your "know it all" attitude. Also why post an opinion at all if you don't want people to discuss it?

Well, actually, I would be very happy with people discussing this issue (in order to rise some buzz around the XBL version), rather than fight over which the best console!!!
    Moreover, I have only express my opinion about this matter. Just very simple considerations.
    Just for my couriousity, what give you the impression of my "know it all attitude"?

• @Fliter said: Bad move Telltale...

@Fliter said: I said it before, and I say it again…bad move TellTale, really really bad move!

@Fliter said: As it is TT seems a good adventure company... but a true mess as a business company!

@Fliter said: No, as I said in previous posts, just because they made wrong / silly business/strategic decisions...!

@Fliter said: But not to have TOMI on XBL after a year is really a BAD BAD BAD MOVE!

Just for my couriousity, what give you the impression of my "know it all attitude"?

Each of these very 'matter of fact' statements gave me the impression. Later you started to phrase things as opinion however.

While I can't argue you may work in a business like many of us, can you actually say you know how the game industry works? I just don't think it's quite as simple as you seem to be envisioning.

But, do you not believe that it is now time for TT to invest some money (& time) to develop a "real time" multiplatform engine (like many Company have already done?)? It will be blessed money!

I would love to see it done. I just don't know enough about the process to start suggesting that it's ridiculous they haven't already. Again, what you're saying makes sense, I just believe that the staff working there have reasons for why this hasn't happened yet.

Rather than consider the possible reasons for why these ideas haven't been put into action, you seem to be under the impression that TTG are all incompetent business men with no clue as to what they're doing.

That why I believe, as a day 1 MI fan, that TOMI should have deserved something better! And here the fault, to me, is shared between LA & TT!

While Monkey Island is indeed a popular franchise, it's also for a cult audience. It doesn't appeal to the mainstream, especially console gamers. This is why TTG does significantly better on PC and it's also their main source of income. Which leads me onto...

I have never stated that the Xbox is "the superior console". I have simply stated that XBL is the Heaven of the downlodable contents!

No you haven't, however I meant XBL. While it is indeed the more popular of all three online console services, it still doesn't necessarily mean more sales for such a cult franchise.

But assuming you're right, you come off sounding a bit fanboyish as you could apply this logic to any title and say it was a "bad move" if not placed on XBL first or along with every other format.

Basically your business plan would be to put everything on Xbox before or as well as the competition, because that's where you think the money is. Or at least that's how you've made it sound.

Don't forget that it's this very way of thinking that made the adventure game a dying breed in the first place. Publishers refusing to take risks and going for the safe option of what sells.

As I have stated many time, I am very happy with TOMY on PSN (or Mac or Ipad etcc..). I have absolutelly no problem with it! I just really want it also on the XBL marketplace!

I'm not suggesting you have a problem with it being on PSN per se. Rather you began this thread suggesting it was a bad business move not to put it on XBL to begin with.

Well, actually, I would be very happy with people discussing this issue (in order to rise some buzz around the XBL version), rather than fight over which the best console!!!
    Moreover, I have only express my opinion about this matter. Just very simple considerations.

I agree with you that "console vs console" discussions are ridiculous and childish, which is why i've remained neutral throughout this whole thread.

You're entitled to your own opinion just as anyone else, I just question how much you actually know about the gaming industry in order to suggest it's a bad move.

I know next to nothing about how it all works but then i'm not claiming to know better.

• @plrichard said: I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but I agree with him. ToMI is basically one long game cut into 5 parts and since its already finished, it would be fine and easy to release it the same way Sam and Max are on XBLA.

Basically, in a sum it up way, the PSN allows TellTale to do things the TellTale way, you can buy the full seasons, or you can buy them as separates on their own, and in some cases, the separates won't be available on their own but will be available under the Season bundles.

Combining the game is MORE work for TellTale and we've argued about this before, we wanted the DVD version to be a full game, but we were told it's too much work. So at least this way with the PSN, it means less work and allows them to keep a much similar structure as they have on their own store. :)

• @Ash735 said: Basically, in a sum it up way, the PSN allows TellTale to do things the TellTale way, you can buy the full seasons, or you can buy them as separates on their own, and in some cases, the separates won't be available on their own but will be available under the Season bundles.

Combining the game is MORE work for TellTale and we've argued about this before, we wanted the DVD version to be a full game, but we were told it's too much work. So at least this way with the PSN, it means less work and allows them to keep a much similar structure as they have on their own store. :)

Ok, I think I understand. But I still think it can't be too much work considering they did it with Sam & Max 1&2. I'd love to see ToMI come to the Xbox Arcade because I'd love to get all the achievements and have an icon displayed under my "Completed Games" page under my gamertag. However, I already have it for PC so I'll live.

• As an owner of PS3 and 360, I can honestly say I have no idea why people would consider XBL "superior" to PSN in any way. They both function perfectly for me, so I don't understand the reason for this supposed "fact".

• @SHODANFreeman said: As an owner of PS3 and 360, I can honestly say I have no idea why people would consider XBL "superior" to PSN in any way. They both function perfectly for me, so I don't understand the reason for this supposed "fact".

To be honest, I've always just assumed it was the better of the three after reading various people say as such. I've not really thought much about it, I'm more than happy with PSN :)

• Well, I for one prefer XBL because you don't have to pay tax on everything you buy. I've said it before, but to buy anything on PSN I have to buy a retail points card and pay retail tax and then pay tax AGAIN when I actually buy an item on PSN. Because of this I've not bought anything from PSN yet.

Add Comment