User Avatar Image

How to save the game?????

posted by MRN on - last edited - Viewed by 663 users

How do I save my game???

I spent all yesterday morning and night playing the damn game and now I came to my PC and my save isn't there!!!

:mad:

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had the same question, I asked it in the help section, here you go: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17853

  • all ways quit to the main menue before turning off the game (just to be sure it saved)

  • Esc also should work as far as I remember. I think it has the same effect as pressing the folder in the top-left corner.

  • @Toast_Burner said: all ways quit to the main menue before turning off the game (just to be sure it saved)


    Uh-huh. And how do I quit to the main menu or, for that manner, invoke the main menu once the game starts? I would rather not have to power off my computer to quit the game, which is what I have to do so far (pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete to invoke the Windows Task Manager doesn't work because, like most full-screen games, Puzzle Agent kills the Task Manager before I can select the executable).

    I don't have particularly high expectations of a $10 game, but I gotta say, I've never come across a game before where neither Esc nor F1 do anything, and that doesn't have .txt or .pdf gameplay instructions tucked somewhere in the program files.

  • @Pettifogger said: Uh-huh. And how do I quit to the main menu or, for that manner, invoke the main menu once the game starts? I would rather not have to power off my computer to quit the game, which is what I have to do so far (pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete to invoke the Windows Task Manager doesn't work because, like most full-screen games, Puzzle Agent kills the Task Manager before I can select the executable).

    I don't have particularly high expectations of a $10 game, but I gotta say, I've never come across a game before where neither Esc nor F1 do anything, and that doesn't have .txt or .pdf gameplay instructions tucked somewhere in the program files.

    As soon as you are able to control Nelson, click the folder with a puzzle icon on it, click Main Menu, then click Quit.

  • @Neelo said: As soon as you are able to control Nelson, click the folder with a puzzle icon on it, click Main Menu, then click Quit.


    Diabolically clever of those Telltale people to make the gameplay instructions, themselves, among the puzzles to be solved by the user.

    Unfortunately, I still can't quit the game from inside the game. There is no folder in my copy of the game. If by folder you mean "notebook": The second time the notebook appears, so far as I can see, is after Nelson gets the snowmobile/logs assignment. Clicking on "Solve It" brings up the puzzle rules, with an "OK!" dialog to be clicked. That then brings up a screen with six menu items at the right: What?, Hint, Quit, Reset, Rules, and Submit. Clicking on Quit brings up a "Too Hard?" "No, I just need a moment to think" dialog between Bjorn and Nelson, followed by the notebook again. Clicking on the notebook loops me back to the snowmobile/logs assignment screen again. I can lather-rinse-repeat this way as often as I want, but the game doesn't actually quit (or save, for that matter).

    Maybe I should stick to Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox. It's got an actual, y'know, menu with choices that, y'know, do things.

    I'm using an Alienware (Dell) M11x running Windows 7, if it makes any difference.

  • The folder appears after 2 or 3 puzzles

  • @prizna said: The folder appears after 2 or 3 puzzles


    OK, I finally got to a menu with a "quit" option that actually worked after solving two puzzles and entering the hotel. It's one thing for a game to have a limited number of "save" points, but this is the first game I've come across that allows quitting from within the game only at limited points. If I want to quit the game, it seems sort of rude to make me choose between shutting down my PC or being frog-marched forward through the game until I reach what the developers think is an appropriate quitting-point.

  • You could quit the game as soon as you can access the notebook. On the top right corner, there are 3 options: Main Menu, Journal and Back. Click Main Menu then click Quit. You can do this at any time.

Add Comment