81 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No wonder it's a bad review. It's Justin. He's like the worst writer for that site.[Removed my incorrect comment here. He's their podcast guy. There was another Justin they hired during E3 who messed up big]
    @Yare
    That's because when a game makes a genre well known everyone acts like it invinted it. People tell me CoD invented modern combat games. (I wrote a longer [and better]response but my laptop's mouse pad glitched and when typing it refreshed the page.) People were constantly telling me Brutal Legend was a copy of Dynasty warriors (don't know why). Or everytime I play 3D Dot Game Heroes people always say "HOW DID NINTENDO NOT SUE THEM?! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO GO OUT OF BUISNESS!" and such, despite them not even playing the game. Or how a lot of people(from personal experience) act like FF invented RPGs. Everytime I play an SMT game it gets called an FF clone and that the company (once again) needs to go out of buisness. Except Nocturne and Devil Summoner. Which those get called Pokemonclones (despite them doing that since SMT and MT games on the NES).

    SMT= Shin Megami Tensei
    MT= Megami Tensei

  • @browen said: Lordkinbote, did you know the answer to the moose ear sign puzzle from "The Simpsons"? Who else other than me instantly remembered that episode where Lisa can't figure out the puzzle so she thinks she is dumb?

    Yep. Got that puzzle in 4 seconds.

  • @Elvenmonk said: No wonder it's a bad review. It's Justin. He's like the worst writer for that site. He even said some pretty negative things about Sony's, Nintendo's, EA's, and Ubi's E3.(Even his interviews were so bad that they had to have someone re-interview Miyamoto due to him pissing off half of joystiq for such a terrible interview)

    @Yare
    That's because when a game makes a genre well known everyone acts like it invinted it. People tell me CoD invented modern combat games. (I wrote a longer [and better]response but my laptop's mouse pad glitched and when typing it refreshed the page.) People were constantly telling me Brutal Legend was a copy of Dynasty warriors (don't know why). Or everytime I play 3D Dot Game Heroes people always say "HOW DID NINTENDO NOT SUE THEM?! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO GO OUT OF BUISNESS!" and such, despite them not even playing the game. Or how a lot of people(from personal experience) act like FF invented RPGs. Everytime I play an SMT game it gets called an FF clone and that the company (once again) needs to go out of buisness. Except Nocturne and Devil Summoner. Which those get called Pokemonclones (despite them doing that since SMT and MT games on the NES).

    SMT= Shin Megami Tensei
    MT= Megami Tensei

    Persona 4 = Greatest JRPG ever created. Nuff said.

  • @NotFury said: Persona 4 = Greatest JRPG ever created. Nuff said.

    Not to sound like the cool hip guy orwhatever. But my first one played was Nocturne then DDS before Persona was made an SMT game. I remember when 3 came out and I was like "Why's it an SMT now?"
    Granted I do own all SMT games on the PS2 and DS. Currently trying to get the rest of them(PS one, Saturn, GBC, and down).

    I've yet to play P4 (Trying to finish up The Answer for 3 but just grinded out, plus everytime I play my brother does nothing but try to make fun of the game and talk about how they need to be sued since they're shooting themselves in the head and how it can affect children, and blah blah blah. Which I always want to call him a hypocrit because he always badmouth's retarded lawsuits such as that.) but I like DDS better then P3, and not due to the if your leader dies it's game over, or uncontrollable party, just felt DDS was better.

  • @Elvenmonk said: Not to sound like the cool hip guy orwhatever. But my first one played was Nocturne then DDS before Persona was made an SMT game. I remember when 3 came out and I was like "Why's it an SMT now?"
    Granted I do own all SMT games on the PS2 and DS. Currently trying to get the rest of them(PS one, Saturn, GBC, and down).

    I've yet to play P4 (Trying to finish up The Answer for 3 but just grinded out, plus everytime I play my brother does nothing but try to make fun of the game and talk about how they need to be sued since they're shooting themselves in the head and how it can affect children, and blah blah blah. Which I always want to call him a hypocrit because he always badmouth's retarded lawsuits such as that.) but I like DDS better then P3, and not due to the if your leader dies it's game over, or uncontrollable party, just felt DDS was better.

    P4 is significantly better than Persona 3. A lot of grievances are fixed, combat is better and you can control your entire party. The plot is also a lot better, it even explains all the loop holes in a bonus chapter. The characters also have better voice actors and are a lot more likeable.

    And no shitty "Oh, you died at the end" ending. Which makes the game infinitely better than the shite ending of 3. I didn't play FES though, but read the summary online.

    Apparently the main dude IS ressurected, it's hinted at in a social link (that I didn't do, read online) in P4.

  • Way to spoil some of P3 there.
    And I love P3 and feel it has good voice acting and a nice story.
    P3 is nice, it had some problems since the people were AI controlled but it was a great game with a good story. And the ending to P3 I felt was great. Granted, now if people here are playing through P3 or planned to or whatever you did just ruin the ending, which is something to have avoided. And to ruinP4 for me aswell.

  • @NotFury said: Durrrrrrr spoil spoil durrrr

    Why thank you. Who wants to waste time on playing good games anyways right?

  • @Katsuro said: Why thank you. Who wants to waste time on playing good games anyways right?

    Oh, you weren't playing through P3 or planning to were you?
    Or were you commenting on how he just read P3's story and made a oppinion about it then?

  • @Katsuro said: Why thank you. Who wants to waste time on playing good games anyways right?

    If you haven't played a 4 year old PS2 game by now, you wouldn't be playing it in the future. The only way to buy it is to get it second hand online.

    I didn't even spoil anything anyway. The entire game goes on about "Memento Mori" and "Remember that one day, you will die" from the opening cutscene, so it was hardly surprising.

  • @NotFury said: If you haven't played a 4 year old game by now, you wouldn't be playing it in the future.

    This must also include the thousands of people who hadn't played Monkey Island until this past year. :rolleyes:

Add Comment