User Avatar Image

No font output on Mac

posted by -Hammerhead- on - last edited - Viewed by 417 users

Hi Guys,
I loaded today Puzzle Agent for the Mac and I got a lot of problems.
In the game are NO menus, NO dialogs and NO fonts. So it's completely unplayable.
Then I loaded PA for the PC and everything worked.
So ... does anyone else have the same problem, or maybe a solution?

Sincerely,
Hammerhead

P.S:
Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

Edit:
I'm using a MacBook Pro 5.5 with OS X 10.6.4

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Mmm...is the patch out? The game autoupdates itself?

• When the patch goes out, I'll make a post. It probably won't be until Monday at the earliest.

• I hope that we will see more stable and serious tested releases in the future again.

One aspect i really liked about TTG was that they had releases which worked out of the box without the patching desasters you are used to from quite some other publishers.

The lastest releases (certain bugs here and there, poor performance on Macs, no international testing) were a bit concerning in this respect and i would prefer officially delayed but working releases instead.

I would like to return to the old days were a released game just works and where one download was enough.

And if there show up some unexpected issues, that you also get informed in a reasonable way. Oh and that obviously things get fixed as soon as possible as well then.

Looking forward to a working Puzzle Agent next week.

• @-Hammerhead- said: Where does Telltale save the Savegamefiles on the Mac? (In general and in the case of Puzzle Agent, if it differs)

~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/MonkeyIsland101/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/MonkeyIsland105/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/Puzzle Agent/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/SamMax201/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/SamMax303/

(If you played an early version of TOMI, then your save location might be different.)

• @taumel said: I would like to return to the old days were a released game just works and where one download was enough.

LOL. That ship has sailed.

• [QUOTE=taumel;339475]

The lastest releases (certain bugs here and there, poor performance on Macs, no international testing) were a bit concerning in this respect and i would prefer officially delayed but working releases instead.
    QUOTE]

That's the thing. Macs. It's something Telltale hasn't done for "the old days" and they might've not gotten the hang of it yet.

Plus, this game was finished right before the deadline.
    Gabe Newell said it best: "Making Video Games is Hard."

• Nope, it's not only about Macs. I have the feeling that recently there slip in more errors on the PC as well. I can't remember that i ever had to redownload any episode of the earlier series. Secondly, from a customers point of view, i quite don't care if the Mac platform is new or not, if it's support then i also expect it to work properly, otherwise things should be communicated and hold back.

Not only games are hard to make, everything which is more complicate and has limited ressources and/or a deadline is.

• @Will said: Hey everyone, we've figured this out. This ONLY affects people playing the game on a non-English Mac. We are working on a patch and will likely have it up today or tomorrow, but in the meantime you can play the game by changing your system language to English. Sorry guys!

This is not quite true. I have english set as my system language and have no summary text for my save games and no text on buttons in the menu. I do have dialogue text in the game. My spelling is set to Canadian English and my keyboard layout is Dvorak. I have tried changing the system language to US English and the keyboard layout to US but that had no effect.

Add Comment