User Avatar Image

Do you want this game to be turned into a full season?

posted by Neelo on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

So, do you want it? I would definitely buy it, I loved this game and am looking forward to other pilot episodes!
EDIT: There's a typo on the third option, it should be "and Telltale should focus on better games"

93 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd love a sequel. But when they do, I hope they finally address the lagging mouse problem. I mean sheesh, most of this game was static scenes and the mouse pointer would STILL lag on 1680x1050.

I'm sure they can do at least SOME sort of optimization here. Heck, maybe even just use the regular old Windows mouse pointer and changing its cursor look.

I know, this is kind of out of nowhere. :p

• I'll give an opinion when an iPod/iPhone version materializes. I think from the look of things it is probably better geared for that.

• It might mean nothing - but if you take a look at the executable file name, its "Grickle101.exe" - the 101 being the same numbering sequence they use for the rest of the games to indicate season and episode. So that might be a clue that they at least have future episodes in mind!

Or it might just be the standard naming convention for their files. But I'm going with more to come.

• Well TellTale, if you do another one like this - you'll get more of my money!
    Sounds good, huh? :D

• If Puzzle Agent is successful enough to spark a full season, I would hope they treat the pilot as more of a "water tester" than a first episode. I'd like to see The Hidden People be stretched into a full season that's darker and more than the pilot, though I would be open to different episodes being different storylines/assignments.

• @xbskid said: If Puzzle Agent is successful enough to spark a full season, I would hope they treat the pilot as more of a "water tester" than a first episode. I'd like to see The Hidden People be stretched into a full season that's darker and more than the pilot, though I would be open to different episodes being different storylines/assignments.

According to the game's executable file (Grickle101), it looks like it would be treated as the first episode, since it has the number 101, which means Season 1 Episode 1.

• I would buy it. Have been playing it with my gifted eight year old, who was actually able to help me with some of the puzzles. :)

Most of them were a bit too easy, but I suppose the really easy ones were meant as a sort of tutorials?

Anyway we both enjoyed it. Really liked the eerie twin peaksy atmosphere, but I would like to see some form of conclusion to the Scoggins mystery. Not necessarily an answer to every puzzling detail, but I would like to get to understand Scoggins a little bit better.

• @Neelo said: According to the game's executable file (Grickle101), it looks like it would be treated as the first episode, since it has the number 101, which means Season 1 Episode 1.

True, but not all pilots need to be the ipso facto first episode in the story arc. Take a look at Æon Flux for example; its pilot was a single 12 minute animation*, demoed as a concept to the universe, and people call it "Season 1". Granted, what people call "Season 2" was just a run of five shorts with little to nothing to do with each other, and it wasn't until "Season 3" when the episodes had any semblance of a continuum.

With that in mind, it's entirely reasonable to consider the Puzzle Agent pilot a "test of the waters", so to speak, and start from scratch with a Grickle 201 which starts a new Hidden People story arc. I'm almost certain my scenario won't happen, but it's not like it hasn't been done before.

*I should probably note that the pilot was chopped up into about six parts in order to fit in with MTV's Liquid Television format. I wouldn't call those parts "episodes" because they did not have individual story arcs; I think it's more akin to inserting commercials between scenes in a single episode.

• I agree with having it a complete game, rather then a set of episodes. I just think it would work better, rather then having the puzzles split up between each episode.

Add Comment