User Avatar Image

Team Fortress 2

posted by Zootch on - last edited - Viewed by 13K users

It's awesome, right?
I was playing and, by chance, met up with Shauntron.

Anyone else play it?
Post your info page!

I got a lighter workload this year, so I guess I'll start posting here again.

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm still fairly new but meh, here's mine http://tf2stats.net/player_stats/alienmage

What did the "old menu" look like? I've started playing during the free weekend and I'm assuming it changed before/during the free weekend? (since I haven't noticed anything change from the time I began playing).

• @Hyperkinetic_Martian said: I'm still fairly new but meh, here's mine http://tf2stats.net/player_stats/alienmage

What did the "old menu" look like? I've started playing during the free weekend and I'm assuming it changed before/during the free weekend? (since I haven't noticed anything change from the time I began playing).

Basicly a background of either the red or blu teams. With enter and about 5 other options. It really isnt something to care about. Oh guys and another thing those forums went on about those stupid medals.(oh im gold im better, no the bronze are rockin) know what im bronze and I dont care. I where it and forget about it thats all there is to it.

• @Remolay said: The only bug of those I get is the game not closing.

I bet you anything they will have an Old Menu option at some point. I really think the old menu layout was ugly, but people liked it for some crazy reason. Oh, good way for it to actually close, Play in windowed mode. That seemed to fix it for me

I can't run it in windowed mode so, saddly, that's out for me.

• @[TTG said: Yare;341025']Engineer update is starting:

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=4026&p=1

I wish Valve wouldn't persist with this limited item nonsense. I'm fine with the Ghastly Gibus (Halloween achievements) and bonuses when purchasing games (L4D2, Sam and Max) since they're available on a wide scale. Stuff like the 1,111 soldier medals given to those quick enough to visit a page or 100 golden wrenches got through random crafting is what I find peeving. What's crafting got to do with the core mechanics of TF2 and why should this wrench be limited to a small number of the community?

Rest of the update looks good so far.

• That new shot gun sounds alright. The 50% smaller magazine is a pretty big negative. I hope the other items are better.
    Ofcourse I'm confused about the blog because it says they get them forever, when the code for the wrenches has a destoryed code for the wrench.
    So, I'm thinking to the people who get it it'll be lost through time or lost to make a golden item of choice, or for a certain blue print.

• I don't necessarily care for the golden wrench.. there's no plus for turning people into statues.
    But it is annoying, though.

• @BoneFreak said: I don't necessarily care for the golden wrench.. there's no plus for turning people into statues.
    But it is annoying, though.

You can use their bodies as metal.

• @Gman5852 said: You can use their bodies as metal.

But then again, you can use their weapons as metal the same, so it's not really that necessary.

• @Pinchpenny said: I wish Valve wouldn't persist with this limited item nonsense. I'm fine with the Ghastly Gibus (Halloween achievements) and bonuses when purchasing games (L4D2, Sam and Max) since they're available on a wide scale. Stuff like the 1,111 soldier medals given to those quick enough to visit a page or 100 golden wrenches got through random crafting is what I find peeving. What's crafting got to do with the core mechanics of TF2 and why should this wrench be limited to a small number of the community?

Rest of the update looks good so far.

Agreed like im going to get the golden wrech, and I REALLY wanted it:( There better be an achievement to get it like the ghastly gibus
    @Pinchpenny said: But then again, you can use their weapons as metal the same, so it's not really that necessary.

True.

Add Comment