User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 4 - "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls"

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 5.3K users

Hideli-hodeli, Sam & Max-arinos!

Mike Stemmle here, writer and co-designer on Episode 304 of Sam & Max, a.k.a. "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls."

As this penultimate episode in our senses-shattering series careens its way through the approval process, getting ever nearer to your grubby little hands, mice, and joysticks, now seems like a good time to open up the thread for "insider" questions of various sorts.

Allow me to prime the pump with some tantalizing tidbits of info:

- The identity of this episode's villain is a big mystery.
- A character who hasn't been seen this season will return.
- Horrible things will be done to the Delorean. I mean the DeSoto. Dang, that's gonna cause problems, isn't it?
- Mr. Norrington will reveal himself.
- Stinky's "Mr. S" will make himself known.
- Grandpa Stinky will experience a great deal of joy.
- This episode features an exceptionally lame gag that I've been waiting nearly two freaking decades to make.

Oh, and we get to read everyone's mind.
Mike "Roger Ebert Rocks" Stemmle

332 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MRN

@ttg_Stemmle said: It was in the original draft, but didn't make the final cut. Be patient, though...

(b^_^)b

Thanks for the reply.

Oh yea, and will the office be back in this ep?Or in the final ep?

• Dear Mike: Now I remember, Do you know you make search for the existance of a Peanut Butter Flavored Nestlé Quik for 3 days in a row? Only to find the nearest thing is one Milk Caramel Flavored in LatinAmerica (I think in Colombia)?

• Thanks for answering mine, Mr Stemmle! *gets overawed like a fangirl*

• Asking questions on this thread just makes me want the episode more!!! I'm left with more questions than I had before :p

Oh and I'm in denial about Sal being evil even though I believe he's Stinky's boyfriend and that she stole the power cores for him. Don't break my heart, Sal!!!!

Do you think it will be out on the 20th or 27th?

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@GinnyN said: Dear Mike: Now I remember, Do you know you make search for the existance of a Peanut Butter Flavored Nestlé Quik for 3 days in a row? Only to find the nearest thing is one Milk Caramel Flavored in LatinAmerica (I think in Colombia)?

I've started putting peanut butter in my Quik at home (Quik being a treat I reserve for hamburger night). My wife is absolutely repulsed by it, but I think it's darned tasty.

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@Hayden said: Hey, thanks for the reply! Also, another more unrelated question; of all of the games/projects that you've worked on, do you have one in particular that you are the most proud of?

Aw, that's like asking me to choose between my children. No wait, it's not at ALL like asking me to choose between my children. Still, they all have their charms.

Today, I'm really proud of LSJUMBLE, a Would Builder game for the Mac that earned me my first dollar as a game developer. Unfortunately, I can't find a playable copy anywhere. Le sigh.

Mike "Spiraling Down the Memory Hole" Stemmle

• Hi Mike,

hmmmm...Sam is telling something about a dream he often had and being nearly naked in a crowd is a typical dream scenario (even though i've never experienced it ;)) - so could it be that Sam and Max somehow ended up in Sams dream?

And the way you are always adding "OR IS HE?" in terms of Sal being not evil let me think he really isn't that good guy everybody thinks he is. Maybe HE is Dr. Norrington? I think we will get some unexpected twists along the way till the end.

• @ttg_Stemmle said: Aw, that's like asking me to choose between my children. No wait, it's not at ALL like asking me to choose between my children. Still, they all have their charms.

Today, I'm really proud of LSJUMBLE, a Would Builder game for the Mac that earned me my first dollar as a game developer. Unfortunately, I can't find a playable copy anywhere. Le sigh.

Parents always favour their firstborns :D.

• @ttg_Stemmle said: That's a mystery. THE mystery. Why Sam? What's so special about him? And why the form-fitting shorts?

This. I don't know about the rest of you but I've been curious to see what Sam's role in the prophecy is (remember he had his own tablet in the Mole's chamber). Sure he may not destroy the universe or wrestle crocodlies but still a destiny is a destiny and I have a hunch it's just as important as Max's. And also no one would make Sam clones without a good/evil reason so there's definatly something going on.

Also I can't wait to see more Superball: he hasn't guarded a door in so long...poor guy must be going through withdrawal. :(

• @ttg_Stemmle said: I've started putting peanut butter in my Quik at home (Quik being a treat I reserve for hamburger night). My wife is absolutely repulsed by it, but I think it's darned tasty.

If anything near to put Chocolate Flavored Milk with Milk Caramel, I think I'll pass

@ttg_Stemmle said: Parents always favour their firstborns :D.

That's a lie!

Add Comment