User Avatar Image

Monkey Island, but with PONIES!

posted by Jen Kollic on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

Well, since I've already made Kirby versions of Guybrush, Elaine and Morgan, I could only think of one thing that could top that kind of crossover. A crossover with REAL BRUSHABLE HAIR! You know, like just about every single girl's toyline of the 1980s. Speaking of girl's toylines from the 80s, I recently got a load of vintage My Little Ponies (which were all in terrible condition just in case there's any angry collectors out there!) off eBay for me to experiment on, because I wanted to try my hand at customising My Little Ponies. You know, for science and junk.

Without further ado, meet Guinea Pony #1:

00057hw6
A pirate, eh? Well, that can be arranged... with some acetone, a scalpel and a scalping. Because the Three Trials are for PEOPLE, not ponies.

0005awb0
Oh, it's much too late for that Pony!Guybrush. Much, much too late...

Scrubbing, scalping and otherwise preparing the ponies for customisation takes a while, so you can amuse yourself by using the disembodied heads to freak out your flatmates. That's what I did anyway.

0005cpt7
The teal pony head on the right may or may not be related to the Monkey Island/My Little Pony project. Or I might just put it in my flatmate's bed while he's asleep.

Next, sculpting!

0005d8690005ewxt

I'm using Milliput epoxy putty to sculpt the outfit, unfortunately this means I have to do it in stages. I'm hoping to finish it tonight, so there should be more pics later.

185 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • skellington1.jpg

RIP Pony thread!

Ladies and gentlemen the last remnants of that pony!

• @Jen Kollic said:
    Right now she looks like she's wearing a bicycle helmet, (in addition to having her head wrapped in cling film, kids, don't do this at home!) but it's actually the first steps in making her bandanna. I want it to be removable, so the cling film is there to stop it sticking to her head. (it's easier to peel clingfilm off cured Milliput than it is to pry cured Milliput off a pony) The bandanna should be done tonight, hopefully.

In the US, we call it "plastic wrap" or "Saran Wrap" (pr. suh-RAN)

• Apologies for the extended absence, but I have been moving house so I have not had much time for ponies. As a result, I haven't made a whole load of progress on Elaine!pony, but at least her head's out of the cling film now. (and since I am in the UK, it will be referred to as cling film dammit!) Still looks pretty damn creepy though...

00067bey

• @Jen Kollic said: Apologies for the extended absence, but I have been moving house so I have not had much time for ponies. As a result, I haven't made a whole load of progress on Elaine!pony, but at least her head's out of the cling film now. (and since I am in the UK, it will be referred to as cling film dammit!) Still looks pretty damn creepy though...

Nice as ever to see some British terminology solidarity on these here interwebs [good lord did the US butcher a lot of words...].

Elaine is looking good so far too [and I take it, also Tales inspired?]. :D

• @Ahoy De Fancypants said: Nice as ever to see some British terminology solidarity on these here interwebs [good lord did the US butcher a lot of words...].

Elaine is looking good so far too [and I take it, also Tales inspired?]. :D

Listen here bangers and mash, I will grant you Tim Berners-Lee, but we 'mericans started this whole internet thing, and we will talk h0w3v3r w3 w4n7 2 0n 17!

• She / it looks so damn cute!

• @Ahoy De Fancypants said: Elaine is looking good so far too [and I take it, also Tales inspired?]. :D

Indeed she is, I really liked the Tales character designs, so I'll be using them for characters that have a Tales incarnation. (so basically everyone except Carla)

• WoW i just like how you uncute things!!!

Its art, and it makes me wanna cry!!

• This is awesooooome, we get to see naked pony Elaine in silent hill style, like those nurses, played the game so... YOU ARE SICK!!!! how could you do this to my Elaine :( anyway~ just tell me when you want to sell them so i can buy them for a quid each, wait ten years and sell them and be filthy filthyyyyyy rich, MWAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!! :D

Add Comment