User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 4 - "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls"

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

Hideli-hodeli, Sam & Max-arinos!

Mike Stemmle here, writer and co-designer on Episode 304 of Sam & Max, a.k.a. "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls."

As this penultimate episode in our senses-shattering series careens its way through the approval process, getting ever nearer to your grubby little hands, mice, and joysticks, now seems like a good time to open up the thread for "insider" questions of various sorts.

Allow me to prime the pump with some tantalizing tidbits of info:

- The identity of this episode's villain is a big mystery.
- A character who hasn't been seen this season will return.
- Horrible things will be done to the Delorean. I mean the DeSoto. Dang, that's gonna cause problems, isn't it?
- Mr. Norrington will reveal himself.
- Stinky's "Mr. S" will make himself known.
- Grandpa Stinky will experience a great deal of joy.
- This episode features an exceptionally lame gag that I've been waiting nearly two freaking decades to make.

Oh, and we get to read everyone's mind.
Mike "Roger Ebert Rocks" Stemmle

332 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GinnyN said: That's a lie!

Don't worry, I know it is. There was minimal seriousness in my post :).

• 1.What role will skunkape and paperwait have in this episode?

2.will max be able to use the toys of power maximus could use(minus astral projection of course)

3.Will we get to abuse more of the foreign guy.

• @tabstis said:
    Oh and Mind Reading will be awesome I loved it briefly in the first episode.

Seconded!

@tabstis said:
    2. Is the main villian the one controlling the Sam clones or (as I've speculated), are they actually on Sam and Max's side?

@tabstis said:
    Anyone who whips up a metric buttload of mostly-naked Sams has got to be up to no good, methinks.

Oh, what a relief. If the naked Sams turned out to be the good guys, that would render the EP3 cliffhanger incredibly lame :eek:

@tabstis said: so could it be that Sam and Max somehow ended up in Sams dream?

Or, Sam's dream ended up in reality? Dr. Norrington had a lot of time to arrange things while Sammun-Mak was occupied with Sam's trial, after all. And since he reveals himself in this EP, it seems self-explanatory that he's responsible for the army of Sams. But still, whoever the hell is he? :confused:

@tabstis said:
    And the way you are always adding "OR IS HE?" in terms of Sal being not evil let me think he really isn't that good guy everybody thinks he is. Maybe HE is Dr. Norrington? I think we will get some unexpected twists along the way till the end.

That reminds me: who / what was Papierwaite was addressing when he was talking to Dr. Norrington in his office? To me, it seemed he was addressing the tentacles in front of the office door. Can anyone confirm or refute?

• I'm still sticking by my theory that Sam is psychic too, I don't care how crazy it makes me seem!

• Hello!

Will there more inventory puzzles this time? I think that the lack of inventory puzzles last episode made it a bit too easy.

• @joseppey said: Hello!

Will there more inventory puzzles this time? I think that the lack of inventory puzzles last episode made it a bit too easy.

This.

Also, is the game going to have characters? I like games that have characters! OOH! Are they going to have faces?!

Will I get a free bar of chocolate when I play it? Is it regular chocolate or some other flavor? I like most chocolates!

Is the color green going to make an appearance?

• @ttg_Stemmle said: - Grandpa Stinky will experience a great deal of joy.

Girl Stinky's gonna die?!?!?

• User Avatar Image
    MRN

@NeatNit said: This.

Also, is the game going to have characters? I like games that have characters! OOH! Are they going to have faces?!

Will I get a free bar of chocolate when I play it? Is it regular chocolate or some other flavor? I like most chocolates!

Is the color green going to make an appearance?

Not funny -_-

• Well I just have to ask SOMETHING and I don't really want to know that much about the game :P

Add Comment