User Avatar Image

iTunes

posted by ffc82 on - last edited - Viewed by 660 users

Anyone know when its going to be on iTunes really want it for my iPhone?

Thanks

113 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ffc82 said: Yep just downloading Monkey Island 2 now! Yippy! Seems strange they can say when that is going to be on the app store but Telltale cant say when puzzle agant will be???

No, it doesn't seem strange at all. Telltale could have gone for a simultaneous release for all platforms if they wanted to, but they like to release the PC and Mac versions when they're done, instead of keeping the majority of their customers waiting for them to be done with the other builds.

• Damn, now I don't know if I should get MI2 on iPhone or PC.
    On one hand, I'd love to play it in all its glorious hi-res.. on the other, iPhone demo looks&plays like a charm. Beautiful.
    Decisions, decisions..

• I don't think Telltale knows when the game will be on the app store because they are probably still finishing up the iPhone version. They just finished the PC/Mac version of the game and I'm sure that all their focus has been on getting that out before the end of June. Monkey Island was probably completed and submitted well in advance and then LucasArts set a release date of today so that it wouldn't show up on the App Store as soon as it was approved.

• @Paintbrush said: Damn, now I don't know if I should get MI2 on iPhone or PC.
    On one hand, I'd love to play it in all its glorious hi-res.. on the other, iPhone demo looks&plays like a charm. Beautiful.
    Decisions, decisions..

Get both :P

I pre-ordered it on Steam and when it came out on the App Store late last night I had to get it. Yeah, I know, but I am glad to support these initiatives by LucasArts because I would like to see more remakes and possibly some new adventure games from them. I am tempted to get it on the Xbox also--maybe when it goes on sale.

• It's pretty nice. I still don't know how to switch to classic mode. Maybe that function isn't in the demo, but it certainly isn't in the instructions.

• I read that the iPhone version doesn't have the Gilbert / Schafer / Grossman commentary.

• Pinch the screen to go to classic, spread the screen to return to improved.

Can't speak to whether the commentary was left out of the iphone or not... There is an icon in the top right corner to indicate whether there is commentary for the screen you are on.

• @akaimizu said: It's pretty nice. I still don't know how to switch to classic mode. Maybe that function isn't in the demo, but it certainly isn't in the instructions.

It's in the demo. Try swiping with two fingers, it should fade in and out.

I think I'm gonna wait for the Mac version. I love my iPod touch, but games like this deserve a bigger screen.

• The iPod/iPhone version of MI2:SE is extremely well done, it is far easier to play than MI:SE was.

Add Comment