User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.8K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hideo Kojima's Exact Words

"The thing is that it's hard to get a lot of feedback from players, because only so many of them could physically play the title at the event" he said. "I was hoping to shape our future direction for the game based on more of their opinions. Also, the maps and character models were all remade with a higher polygon count than before. The models are about the same quality as what we made for the PlayStation 3, but you really can't tell within the game. We could've made it look better if we had a little more time."

• Err... Twilight Princess was a launch title, and MP1 and 3 were both within the first year of their console's launch.

• @SHODANFreeman said: Err... Twilight Princess was a launch title, and MP1 and 3 were both within the first year of their console's launch.

I didn't see the Wii part... nevertheless... it had been in development for the Gamecube FOR YEARS prior to that. All they did for the wii was flip it & add motion controls, graphically they are the same. Not to mention that there are pleny of better looking wii games than Twilight Princess anyways.

• @roberttitus said: I didn't see the Wii part... nevertheless... it had been in development for the Gamecube FOR YEARS prior to that. All they did for the wii was flip it & add motion controls, graphically they are the same. Not to mention that there are pleny of better looking wii games than Twilight Princess anyways.

Actually, they spent an entire year, if not more, fine tuning the graphics for the Wii, and they are noticeably better in many ways, most notably, the lighting.

• While I don't totally agree with this list, it does in fact show that Nintendo's first part games are not the best looking.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/62913-best-looking-games-wii-updated.html

I should also note that the lost is from (might as well say) August of last year

• @roberttitus said: While I don't totally agree with this list, it does in fact show that Nintendo's first part games are not the best looking.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/62913-best-looking-games-wii-updated.html

I should also note that the lost is from (might as well say) August of last year

I highly disagree with most of that list. A lot of those titles DO look great, but I don't think they hold a candle to MP3's visuals.

• @SHODANFreeman said: Actually, they spent an entire year, if not more, fine tuning the graphics for the Wii, and they are noticeably better in many ways, most notably, the lighting.

This is true.

[Now to dispute the list of games someone posted.]

However, Darkside chronicles is way beyond MP3 in graphics (especially the Triology) but this is because it's an on rails shooter.
    The Conduit is at the start of the game then it gets obvious the developers started to get lazy as around the middle everything looks like cardboard.

Silent Hill Shatter Memories was, but then again it was mostly snow and the game lagged due to it's visuals.

HotD:OVERKILL had the same problem as Conduit but not as bad. Plus the game would lose track of the rail, which was fun[ny].

Monster Hunter 3 is the best looking game on the Wii.
    RE4 and UC are not better then MP3. UC might be near or on par.

RE: Archives I never played [forgot to buy] so I can't speak for those.

The Grinder it's not even out but those're suppose to be early alpha and beta shots of the game.
    CoD4 I never played on Wii so I can't speak for it.
    W@W seemed to be a little under par of MP3 but that's because more was going on in W@W then MP3.

Curse Mountain I've been meaning to buy but haven't.(It's $7 even if it's bad [looks good] still a nice deal)

PoP: Forgotten sands never played, I dislike the series.

Gladiator AD still hasn't come out they never announced which dev cycle those screens were from.

Ju-Oh I never played.

Skate It only looked good because you were the ONLY person in the entire game[except when you met a pro who showed you a move to do after that move they were gone.] and it still didn't look that good.

Spyborg never even heard of.

Cabela's Big Game Hunter neverplayed.
    Need for Speed Pro Street never played.

Endless Ocean 2 is a Nintendo game that looks amazing but I never picked up.

Past that the games were Nintendo's, never played, or launch titles and looked like poop.

• @roberttitus said: I did read the rest of the article.... but who are you going to believe... a person who is actually DEVELOPING A GAME ON THE CONSOLE or some journalist trying to create controversy?

First Party doesn't mean anything... I don't even know why you think it would. There are 3rd Party games that are better looking than 1st Party Sony & Microsoft games, so how is Nintendo any different?

Ugly effect? I would like to point out that you have never actually used a 3DS, so how would you know it is an ugly effect. Most people at E3 who...

Well, the developer wants their game to sell. To do that, many 3DS's need to be sold, so the dev is probably biased in that respect.

As for my view, i'm staying neutral. I remember when some people were claiming the wii to be capable of 360 level graphics (conduit), and that turned out to be really bland looking, and full of jaggies.

• I didn't see 'A Boy and his Blob' on that list. That makes me sad. :(. I thought it was (and still is) a seriously beautiful game.

• @Friar said: Well, the developer wants their game to sell. To do that, many 3DS's need to be sold, so the dev is probably biased in that respect.

Do you realize how much money Nintendo makes off of each handheld they release ("Updated" rereleases & all)? Let's just say enough to virtually guarantee that the 3DS is going to be a MASSIVE commercial success.

Near 360 quality graphics or not people will buy the system... they always have in the past & they always will as long as Nintendo is around. Developers know this, so I HIGHLY doubt that the developer in question was making false claims (especially after seeing screenshots of some of the games) for the sake of console sells.

Hell... Look at Hideo Kojima's comments. He chose not to remain anonymous as the other person did... instead he just came right out & basically said "Hey.... This thing is a beast". I highly doubt that a developer as well known & respected as Hideo Kojima would give his stamp of approval to a piece of crap. So even if it isn't a graphical powerhouse in the end, it is a quality machine with quality games coming out for it... being on the fence because you don't know how good the graphics are going to be (as many of you have claimed to be) just seems lame. I mean missing a whole slew of awesome blockbuster games (MGS 3D, Resident Evil: Revelations, OoT, Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Paper Mario & Starfox just to name a few) just because they don't have PS3/360 quality graphics seems like a sad & stupid thing to do to me... but to each there own I suppose.

Add Comment