User Avatar Image

Movie plotholes/ The only thing that doesn't add up

posted by Dangeresque on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

This is the greatest trilogy ever made (i dont consider the godfather a trilogy cause 3 sucked). everything in this movie was well thought out, all the events and the going back and forth were perfect (especially if you watch them around 15 times each and pick up all the small details :p )

the only thing that think didnt add up in this movie was the fact that Marty's parents doent remember him. i mean sure its 30 years later (speaking of the 1st movie) but even if for only a week he was still a huge influence in both their lives right? when he started getting older wouldnt they start saying, hey wait a minute, this guy looks really familiar.

Worse yet wouldn't george suspect loraine of cheating on her with marty? i mean calvin marty in the late 60s?

just a stupid point. it might make no sence but its something that popped to my head and figure i'd share it. of course dont mean no offence to the trilogy

364 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not a plot hole per se, but I've always thought that Marty was awfully lucky his family still lived in the same house when he returned to 1985 in the first movie even though they're now wealthier and more successful.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I was just struck by lightning. :D :D :D

When Doc and Marty are out of gas in 1885, couldn't they actually get a little bit of that stuff from the time machine in the old mine????

• @Vainamoinen said: I was just struck by lightning. :D :D :D

When Doc and Marty are out of gas in 1885, couldn't they actually get a little bit of that stuff from the time machine in the old mine????

Yes, and then the movie would have been over.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Thespis said: Yes, and then the movie would have been over.

Well, we COULD have watched 1885 a little further while Marty and Doc go back to the future. We'd see Clara die and Buford maraud around the place without anyone stopping him... ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: I was just struck by lightning. :D :D :D

One typically drains the gas tank before putting a car into hundred-year storage, I think?

• @Dangeresque said: This is the greatest trilogy ever made (i dont consider the godfather a trilogy cause 3 sucked). everything in this movie was well thought out, all the events and the going back and forth were perfect (especially if you watch them around 15 times each and pick up all the small details :p )

the only thing that think didnt add up in this movie was the fact that Marty's parents doent remember him. i mean sure its 30 years later (speaking of the 1st movie) but even if for only a week he was still a huge influence in both their lives right? when he started getting older wouldnt they start saying, hey wait a minute, this guy looks really familiar.

Worse yet wouldn't george suspect loraine of cheating on her with marty? i mean calvin marty in the late 60s?

just a stupid point. it might make no sence but its something that popped to my head and figure i'd share it. of course dont mean no offence to the trilogy

I would have thought that Biff would say hey this guy looks familiar, since marty pissed him off soo many times and made him go into all those manure trucks lol, but in a way he did only in part 2 when he saw the delorean.

• Well, I love the movie trilogy and I try not to overthink these things. But, for the longest time, there is just one thing that has always been bugging me.

In Back to the Puture Part II, Marty & Doc go back to an alternate 1985 where Biff runs the town. We know Doc was sent to an Insane Asylum, but hey..."What happened to / Where is the Alternate '85 Marty during the movie??

Is he in jail? Is he dead? Or (my theory), did Biff have his goons send him away to another place, (LA maybe?) and is suprised that this Marty is back in town? I don't know.

• In the second film, Biff says "You're supposed to be in Switzerland" and "You get kicked out of another boarding school?", so my guess is that he was sent away to a Switzerland Boarding School. I'm such a Sherlock! :P

• i never understood the end of the third movie. Marty and Doc have to get back before Mad Dog kills one of them but after Mad Dog is taken to jail Marty and Doc have all the time in the world to go back to 1985 but instead go immediately

• @hamza721 said: i never understood the end of the third movie. Marty and Doc have to get back before Mad Dog kills one of them but after Mad Dog is taken to jail Marty and Doc have all the time in the world to go back to 1985 but instead go immediately

But they have to catch the train!... of course, they could have also waited for the next one.

Add Comment