User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 10K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Katsuro it also gets motion sensors put in and the Analog stick which can add new elements, the least. But, to some that's not good either. Problem is we're about to start reaching apoint where consoles do just become graphics update.
    I'll be getting a 3DS no matter what, as I said I'd get a DS when people told me it's nothing but an updated GBA.


    @Robert you do seem to just be attacking people now even if it didn't add discussion all you had to say was "We saw it."

  • @Elvenmonk said: @Katsuro it also gets motion sensors put in and the Analog stick which can add new elements, the least. But, to some that's not good either. Problem is we're about to start reaching apoint where consoles do just become graphics update.
    I'll be getting a 3DS no matter what, as I said I'd get a DS when people told me it's nothing but an updated GBA.


    @Robert you do seem to just be attacking people now even if it didn't add discussion all you had to say was "We saw it."

    Believe me kiddo, you would know if I was attacking.... that most certainly was not an attack.

  • Let me draw your attention to this thread...

    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10861

    THIS is me attacking somebody... but to be fair, I still feel that I was provoked into it. I mean I have got into real life fights over the kind of stuff that was said to me in that thread... & what was all of it for you may ask? I questioned Telltale's release schedule.... No... Seriously. Funny thing is that I'm considered the uncivil one around here... Well this thread has alot to do with what made me that way.

    Nevertheless, enjoy this trip down memory lane... you will see tons of swearing from me, bonafide rage at being told I basically suck as a family man, my transformation into the bitter forum goer that you all know & hate today (I'm actually quite mellow outside of this forum believe it or not...) & what it is that really made Palefreeman & I hate one another to the extent that we do today.... once again... all because I questioned the release schedule...

  • Yes, you do have a knack for getting threads locked when something pisses you off, the likes of which I've never seen around here.

  • I can't argue with that... simply because it is true... but it usually has to be something that either makes me rage to the point that I feel my heart is going to burst or something that incredibly offends me (such as making fun of dead people for dying... but in retrospect I didn't actually get that thread locked, I was suspended at the time *The stupidest suspension I have ever received*). I also feel that the last thread I was in that got locked wasn't my fault. I tried MULTIPLE times to squash things before they ever got out of hand (which is a first for me ON HERE I do believe) & then, just as I had regained order, it got closed for some god forsaken reason. I think in all I have gotten (at least partially) 4 threads closed. Which is more than it should be, but at the same time not entirely outrageous. I have also noticed a recurring theme of Palefreeman also being in those threads.... hmmm...

    But once again this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Lets just get back on topic now.

  • @roberttitus said: Do you realize how much money Nintendo makes off of each handheld they release ("Updated" rereleases & all)? Let's just say enough to virtually guarantee that the 3DS is going to be a MASSIVE commercial success.

    Near 360 quality graphics or not people will buy the system... they always have in the past & they always will as long as Nintendo is around. Developers know this, so I HIGHLY doubt that the developer in question was making false claims (especially after seeing screenshots of some of the games) for the sake of console sells.

    Hell... Look at Hideo Kojima's comments. He chose not to remain anonymous as the other person did... instead he just came right out & basically said "Hey.... This thing is a beast". I highly doubt that a developer as well known & respected as Hideo Kojima would give his stamp of approval to a piece of crap. So even if it isn't a graphical powerhouse in the end, it is a quality machine with quality games coming out for it... being on the fence because you don't know how good the graphics are going to be (as many of you have claimed to be) just seems lame. I mean missing a whole slew of awesome blockbuster games (MGS 3D, Resident Evil: Revelations, OoT, Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Paper Mario & Starfox just to name a few) just because they don't have PS3/360 quality graphics seems like a sad & stupid thing to do to me... but to each there own I suppose.

    When i said i was neutral, i meant i'm holding judgement on the graphical capabilities. Not that thats a leading factor in my purchase. Heck, the Wii was my main console for 3 years! I just don't want to get hyped up thinking it's PS3 level graphics, and then turning out it's just above wii-level.

    Currently my status on the console is "I will undoubtedly buy it eventually, but not full price at launch" (currently the only games i've seen that intrest me are Zelda, Star fox, paper mario and mario kart. Two of which i already own, so forking out £200 ish for a new console plus £30 ish for the games doesn't seem right for me at the moment) I'll either wait and buy a new model when thats released, or wait for a price drop.

  • PS: I don't know why you assume I hate you. I just happen to disagree with you on a regular basis.

    @Friar said: When i said i was neutral, i meant i'm holding judgement on the graphical capabilities. Not that thats a leading factor in my purchase. Heck, the Wii was my main console for 3 years! I just don't want to get hyped up thinking it's PS3 level graphics, and then turning out it's just above wii-level.

    Currently my status on the console is "I will undoubtedly buy it eventually, but not full price at launch" (currently the only games i've seen that intrest me are Zelda, Star fox, paper mario and mario kart. Two of which i already own, so forking out £200 ish for a new console plus £30 ish for the games doesn't seem right for me at the moment) I'll either wait and buy a new model when thats released, or wait for a price drop.

    I was planning on getting a DSi XL within the next few months, but now I'm just putting that off indefinitely (forever?) and getting a 3DS.

  • Shodan, was a smart idea. As someone who has a DSi (it's nice and I love it) you can't use most of it's features to it's fullest. Most games didn't add support for WPA internet (post DSi launch I'm talking about) so I had to revert my wireless back to WEP. The DSi market place is nice but can be lacking in certain aspects. I see the DSi as a test to see how to better perfect the 3DS. Plus this has also given me a reason to pull my old GBA out of retirement.

  • @SHODANFreeman said: I was planning on getting a DSi XL within the next few months, but now I'm just putting that off indefinitely (forever?) and getting a 3DS.

    I actually was going to get a dsixl(and yes i do own a dsi but it was busted at the time) but then the 3ds was announced and this is a WANT!!!!

    Also did anyone noticed the ds lite's big feature was being lighter and smaller, while the xl's big point was being BIGGER.

Add Comment