User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent impressions!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

PuzzAgent_puzzled_patron.jpgPuzzle Agent is here!

Get it
Official site!

Store!

Marketing!
What is the mystery of Scoggins?

What the heck is going on Scoggins, Minnesota? When White House inquiries to the Scoggins Eraser Co. are answered only with curious puzzles, the U.S. Department of Puzzle Investigation's Nelson Tethers is sent on the case.

As the government's sole Puzzle Agent, Tethers has his hands full: the strange case of Scoggins plunges him into a mystery that will challenge every ounce of his expertise, and possibly his very wits too. Tethers must overcome brainteasers at every turn, including mazes, logic puzzles and riddles. He soon realizes that these - along with the clinically pre-occupied townspeople, secret societies, and mysterious sounds from the forest - are intimately connected to the core conundrum. And what's with the gnomes?

---

So you guys have been playing it a bit, I hope! What do you think? Let's talk Puzzle agent!

296 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Still, as i wrote a) it's a weird balancing, trying to be over correct on this one if you're comparing it to the others things he does and b) also if he had a training, it doesn't say anything about his character and that he must use it.

In my opinion a Nelson without a gun would be the better Nelson, also as an FBI agent and even more as a Grickle character.

It's fine that Sam uses a gun but Nelson just would do very fine without. Maybe it's also a culture thing as well because europeans aren't so much into firearms.

• @Will said: All FBI agents get standard weapons training.

(I wasn't expecting it to be that easy to find information on! Thank's FBI for your over-informative website!)

The FBI site just make my day!

Edit: @tamuel OUR version of the FBI (Or something similar) use guns as well. And you are putting too much into it. I don't think he having a gun make him, well, less him. More a FBI Agent yes.

• @Andrew Ryan said: Well, would you listen to Abraham Lincoln knowing that... um... HE SUPPORTED THE HOBO EMPIRE?

I misread that as the hobbit empire. Yes I would support him knowing he supported the Hobbit Empire. :3

• I love the game! Please make more!!!!

• Full Season +1

Seriously I liked this game, granted 2 of the puzzles I had to get help from these forums on but other than that an awesome game overall. I agree that the ending seems like something's missing but not knowing the Grickle comics I don;t concider my self qualified to make that judgement.

• I HATED the football pass one. I forgot what it was called, but I so HATED IT.

I did pretty good on the other ones, though. I always smiled whenever I got Top Agent. Even on the not-so-tough ones.

Anyway, I'd like to see what the deal with the astronaut dude was. Full Season +9001

Also, I loved R. L. Jackson as Sheriff Baug. I couldn't even tell he was the space-faring science-gorilla Skun-ka'pe! You've got some great talent on board, Telltale! And not just Jackson, either. Every single regular you have is great.

• I just got around to finishing the game. I really enjoyed it! But I have to say I would have liked it more if it wasn’t so similar to Layton. For me the puzzles got boring after a while and it was only the interesting story and the cool world of the game that kept me playing.
    I would have liked the game more if it was more like Phoenix Wright than Professor Layton. This is because in Phoenix Wright the puzzles are not just mini games and have more to do with character and story. In short I liked the Nelson Tethers part of the game and not the Puzzle Agent part. But maybe this is just me.
    Also I find it hard to imagine playing a full season of Puzzle Agent because the puzzles are going to get repetitive after a while. Some puzzles were similar in the polite alone.
    Over all I really liked the game and think TT did a great job in make Puzzle Agent look and feel like Grickle and I hope to see more. Maybe even different storeys and kinds of games but in the world of Grickle.

• What can i say: the perfect mix of tension and fun. I loved the story, the music, the graphic style, the puzzles, the price, Glori Davner -:D-, the humor and all the jumps on my chair caused by those damned red gnomes!
    I also discovered the talent of an author like Graham Annable.
    If one day i will have the luck to meet some Telltale Guy, i promise them a warm handshake and my sincerest congratulation.

• @taumel said: Secondly who tells you that the puzzle department also gets trained in shooting like the other departments?!

This is just how it's done. Even in our military if you are a computer programmer, doctor, band member, lawyer, or whatever else... you are still a "soldier first" as they say. You go through boot camp and you learn to shoot an M16 and a pistol and throw grenades just like everyone else.

FBI agents are FBI agents first, and whatever their department is second.

Add Comment