User Avatar Image

Overrated/Underrated

posted by roberttitus on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

The point of this is simple.. pick any of the following topics (or even a few of your own) & tell an overrated & underrated example of the topic.

Turn Based RPG Franchise

Over-Final Fantasy
logo.jpg

Under- Suikoden
Logo1.jpg

Fighting Franchise-

Over- Street Fighter
street-fighter-game-reviews1.jpg

Under- King of Fighters
king-of-fighters-xiii-characters-cast-wa

Zelda Game-

Over- Ocarina of Time
ocarinaof_time.jpg

Under- Link's Awakening
z4title.jpg

Sega Platformer-

Over- Sonic the Hedgehog
sonic-the-hedgehog-2.jpg

Under- Billy Hatcher

001-21.jpg

126 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Classic Rock

Overrated: The Doors
    Underrated: Wings

• Overrated: The Guitar Hero series
    Underrated: The PaRappa the Rapper series

• Puzzle Games -

Overrated -

Professor Layton
    prof-layton-wallpaper.jpg

Underrated-

Puzzle Agent
    PuzzAgent_hidden_person.jpg

Actors-

Overrated-

John Wayne
    john_wayne.jpg

Underrated-

Lee Van Cleef
    angeleyes.jpg

Tomas Milian
    milian.jpg

Gian Maria Volonte
    229992530_2984f3d777_o.jpg

Franco Nero
    franconero.jpg

Eli Wallach
    GoodTucoBegraafplaats.jpg

Jason Robards
    2976029899_ff724c527a.jpg?v=0

Tom Selleck. Sam Elliot. Jeff Osterhage.
    SHADOW-RIDERS.jpg

Randolph Scott
    randolph-scott.jpg

EVERYONE IS MORE UNDERRATED THAN JOHN WAYNE

• [quote=roberttitus;344282]the point of this thread is simple.. Pick any of the following topics (or even a few of your own) & tell an overrated & an underrated example of the topic.

RPG franchise
    over-final fantasy

Zelda game-
    over- ocarina of time

Adventure games-
    over- monkey island
    [/quote]

Lies! :mad:

• @Chyron8472 said: Lies! :mad:

Opinions.

...which I happen to share.

@Chyron8472 said: Professor Layton

Indeed! I got the first in the series and just couldn't accept that some puzzles are so poorly presented that the only chance of "solving" them is guessing the answer. I'll give Puzzle Agent a try instead since I trust Telltale more.

• @Chyron8472 said: Lies! :mad:

Its not like I said they suck, I just said that they are highly overrated. They are put on a pedestal & in many people's minds they are put on it so high that it is to the point that everything sucks by comparison to them... which is both untrue & unfair.

ALSO....

@Chyron8472 said: It is called an opinion.

I am going on MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES. I offered you an opportunity to give yours as well... so if you disagree, give your own example instead of just saying that I'm wrong.

I want to know your opinions on the subjects. That is the point of the thread.

@Chyron8472 said: Overrated: The Guitar Hero series
    Underrated: The PaRappa the Rapper series

I thought of that one too... I just didn't feel like finding more pics at the time LOL

• Another one I wanted to do but was too lazy to bother with at the time

Action RPG Franchise

Over- Kingdom Hearts
    92896_full.jpg

Under- The Tales Series
    5292.jpg

• 2dqocxj.jpg

EDIT: Seriously though, I don't see much of a point in this thread other than to troll and/or be pretentious for the sake of being pretentious. I would like to hear why you think Street Fighter is overrated and King of Fighters is underrated, though. I like both series, although in terms of latest inputs, SSFIV is definitely faaar better than KoF12.

EDIT2: And I wouldn't really consider the Tales games Action RPGs either, at least not to the same extent that Kingdom Hearts is.

• I can't do anything on this damn forum without being called a troll...
    People wonder why I'm so angry all the time... well look at DoctorCello's post. I mean how is this any different from the countless other threads where people talk about underrated things? I just combined them all into a thread that I thought might be fun for people.

I'm truly sorry if you are offended by my posts, but at the same time I 'm willing to bet that YOU aren't sorry for starting this thread

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17630

or contributing to this thread

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16064&highlight=Overrated&page=3

Also if you had read my other post

@roberttitus said: Its not like I said they suck, I just said that they are highly overrated. They are put on a pedestal & in many people's minds they are put on it so high that it is to the point that everything sucks by comparison to them... which is both untrue & unfair.

Continued*

• *Continued*
    You would realise that I don't think that Street Fighter sucks... in fact it is my favorite fighting series. All I'm saying is that it is put on a pedestal as the greatest fighting series ever made & alot of fighting fans believe that nothing can come close to touching it. Which results in amazing games like King of Fighters often being overlooked.... which is just ridiculous.

The Tales Series are not action RPGs? Well that is honestly the first time I have ever heard that... reviewers call them action RPGs, fans call them action RPGs, The company itself even calls them action RPGs.

I would like to stress that this thread was in no way meant as an insult to any of these games (Minus ET & Sonic '06) or any fans of them... so if any of you took offense to my opinions, then I don't know what to say but I am TRULY sorry.

Add Comment