User Avatar Image

More Puzzle Agent please!

posted by Errol on - last edited - Viewed by 562 users

I just this minute finished the pilot episode and loved it. I was hoping my perfect score, no hints, would get me some stupendous prize but oh well.

More please! I likes me some puzzles.

-Errol

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd love to see more. I really enjoyed the game. Minor quibbles with some of the puzzles where the rules were not clearly spelled out, and wish it were longer, but what there was to be played was top notch.

• @thom-22 said: My guess is that we will. From the first time I saw the website I got the impression that "Mystery of Scoggins" was kind of like the season title.

Wrong, The Mistery of Scoggins is the first episode's title, not the season's title. At least, that's the name of the folder on My Documents/Telltale Games where the saved games are kept.

Telltale, please make a Puzzle Agent season. I loved it!

• @Neelo said: Wrong, The Mistery of Scoggins is the first episode's title, not the season's title. At least, that's the name of the folder on My Documents/Telltale Games where the saved games are kept.

None of the game files or folders in the Mac version are called "Mystery of Scoggins". Whether or not that's actually the title of the season, I stick by my guess that future episodes, if they get made, will continue in Scoggins (see the other reasons in my first post).

• I can't wait until we get another episode. I first thought I had done something wrong to get the abrupt "bad" ending, but apparently, that's all you get. Sigh... no for the long wait.

• I really liked this game and would really enjoy a season of it.
    Really enjoyed the voice acting and characters, cant wait for more

• I haven't played Runaway 3 yet, but I heard it doesn't continue the ending of 2. So there's another one...

And Dreamfall, and KOTOR2.
    Basically all games whose ending where made for sequels, yet the sequels never came...

• KOTOR II didn't have an ending made for sequels, because it DIDN'T HAVE AN ENDING. Not in the normal sense, like when a mysterious ending is placed in order to build up for the next installment. No, there was an actual ending PLANNED, it was simply NEVER MADE. Which is terrible, because it was quite possibly some of Chris Avellone's best work ever, which is quite possibly the greatest compliment I can give to any game-related work.

• @Hassat Hunter said: I haven't played Runaway 3 yet, but I heard it doesn't continue the ending of 2. So there's another one...

I haven't played it either, but I'm pretty sure that 'A Twist of Fate' does continue from number 2, just not directly. It's not so much that the game doesn't continue on from the ending of 'Dream of the Turtle', the case is that the beginning of number 3 doesn't continue on from the ending of number 2. I've heard that 'A Twist of Fate' picks up a long time after the ending of number 2, and it's only until late in the game that the events of what happened during that time period are revealed. But, then again, I haven't played the game; this is only what I've heard. I might be completely wrong.

@Hassat Hunter said: And Dreamfall, and KOTOR2.
    Basically all games whose ending where made for sequels, yet the sequels never came...

Isn't there an episodic 'Longest Journey' game in pre-production which is meant to follow on from the ending of 'Dreamfall'?

• @Rather Dashing said: KOTOR II didn't have an ending made for sequels, because it DIDN'T HAVE AN ENDING.

You should try out our restoration mod ;) (Well, when the site comes back up... or you could always get it on filefront I guess.
    It was made for a KOTOR3. But instead LA rather f***ed up 2 and made TOR with BioWare :(.
    @Rather Dashing said: Isn't there an episodic 'Longest Journey' game in pre-production which is meant to follow on from the ending of 'Dreamfall'?
    It was planned, canned and then picked up again. Unsure what's it's current status though, it might have been canned again, or is just really low on the radar...

Add Comment