User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 17.1K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I finally managed to complete it... Time is not my friend! Excellent set of games, and really worth playing! I really hope there is another 'set of tales' to come! With that ending they sure leave room!

• If it's really going to be somewhen soon (between 2011 and 2013) I hope they have written a great deal of the story for it already. I don't want a rushed game with a poor plot (and it must be hard to top the plot's quality of TOMI).

• i think it should have a different name

• @Bagge said: We didn't in Monkey 2 either. Until the CMI retcon, that is.

your on monkey island in the ending scene in mi2

• The more I think about it, the more I want all the characters to have new models... especially Guybrush and LeChuck who have looked new in each game.

• @Irishmile said: The more I think about it, the more I want all the characters to have new models... especially Guybrush and LeChuck who have looked new in each game.

Guybrush needs a beard and voodoo pox. And LeChuck should just die.

But as a for the Season, I think there will be an announcement next year.

• @splash1 said: Guybrush needs a beard and voodoo pox. And LeChuck should just die.

But as a for the Season, I think there will be an announcement next year.

I think u may be slightly right! But not at the time you expect. My hunch and prediction reading the interview is that at best we should expect a new addition to the Monkey Island series in no less than a year.

My reasons to say this is that i feel TTG has their hands full right now, they are currently developing 3 games. Which are Sam and Max Season 3, Back to the future and Jurassic Park. And we dont know what other new stuff TTG may be planning to release. So at best it may be at the earliest in December 2011 or 2012 surely.

But this thing about Monkey Island has me so uneasy, because of the fact Lucas Arts has a new president. I hope he pushes even harder for more diversity of games for his companies and is willing to share w/ the creators the royalties for TTG. Lucas Arts is so used to mamoth income, that it makes me wonder how they view TOMI's income.

• I am curious how much of the profit Lucasarts got to have. I wonder despite higher sales of MI, Telltale get to keep more money with their other licenses...

I also hope that they got in writing some sort of deal to make sequels before the regime change. At the moment I have faith in TTG to make another MI game.... I want to believe Lucasarts still has what it takes to make a good MI game but I have my doubts

• I'm certain they'll make another series. Telltale have said again and again how successful the series has been and now they've proved to Lucasarts it's a money maker I'm sure they'll have no problems getting another licence. It's just a matter of time...

Add Comment