User Avatar Image

How to save the game?????

posted by MRN on - last edited - Viewed by 688 users

How do I save my game???

I spent all yesterday morning and night playing the damn game and now I came to my PC and my save isn't there!!!

:mad:

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @[TTG said: Yare;341794']It wasn't an intentional thing. Autosave only functions when you're able to control Nelson and there's not a tutorial banner up on screen. Unfortunately the beginning of the game wound up being a nonstop string of dialogue/puzzles/tutorial and that doesn't give the system the chance to save.

I'll figure something out for this.

This sounds nice. I came across a similar situation as Pettifogger and Kardinaal, just wanting to preview my new game and then leave it and so I tried to after the second puzzle, but could not find any way to do so, so I had to full-stop my whole system. Not so funny.

And now that I'm here, there is another question I have to ask (maybe I should open up my own thread about it?!?). I was leaving my home to play "Puzzle Agent" with my laptop in the park, but couldn't activate the program, my serial number wouldn`t work. Can I only play "Puzzle Agent" when I'm online??? This I would definitely NOT like :mad:

• You only need to be online and activate the game once, then you can play online whenever you want!

• Okay, thanks then. Still I'm not really enthused about this as I do not have my laptop equipped with internet connection :(

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

mine saved every puzzle

• When I first played it, I was really paranoid about quitting without saving it! I didn't see a save button, so I assumed it was autosave, but I still kept the window minimized for a while rather than quitting just in case.

• @..eve. said: Okay, thanks then. Still I'm not really enthused about this as I do not have my laptop equipped with internet connection :(

If you want to play it on your laptop, follow these instructions (click on "What if my computer doesn't have an internet connection?").

• A question related to that: How do I LOAD when starting the game new?
    So far I own just the demo version, is it disabled there?

The details: I solved 3 puzzles (the third being the gnegative gnomes) and left the game. But now when I restart, I can just chose between settings and start game. No loading. Do I have to watch the whole freaking intro and solve the first two riddles again to actually be able to open the load menu? Or is that "just" a demo thing?
    So far the game really goes on my nerves with all of its "Guess how to handle me! Nope, you're wrong, that's not how the game mechanics work, try again!". Doesn't actually make me wanna spent money on it... -_-

(Don't get me wrong, the story looks promising, but I want to be able to save, load and quit at ANY time of the game, and not when the game thinks it might be okay. And being able to skip cutscenes would be nice thing, too.)

• @Sam & Gromit said: A question related to that: How do I LOAD when starting the game new?
    So far I own just the demo version, is it disabled there?

The details: I solved 3 puzzles (the third being the gnegative gnomes) and left the game. But now when I restart, I can just chose between settings and start game. No loading. Do I have to watch the whole freaking intro and solve the first two riddles again to actually be able to open the load menu? Or is that "just" a demo thing?
    So far the game really goes on my nerves with all of its "Guess how to handle me! Nope, you're wrong, that's not how the game mechanics work, try again!". Doesn't actually make me wanna spent money on it... -_-

(Don't get me wrong, the story looks promising, but I want to be able to save, load and quit at ANY time of the game, and not when the game thinks it might be okay. And being able to skip cutscenes would be nice thing, too.)

I don't think any of Telltale's Demos have a save/load option. Besides, demos are short lived, and they're meant to be played from start to finish, no breaks.

EDIT: You can skip dialogue, too. Just right click when someone's talking.

• Ah, thanks for explaining.
    Well, later in he game I had an "Load" option in the menu. I haven't used it, so maybe it would have said "not available" when trying, but it made me think I could load. So in the full version there is a "Play Game", a "Settings" and a "Load" in the start-up screen?

And it's been a long time since I played a demo version of a TTG game the last time, usually I buy the game (or the whole season) right away. Just wasn't so sure about this game. And I still don't know. If TTG implements a better menu system that lets you always access all options (save, load, quit), I might consider it. If not... I think I'll skip this one. When I want to leave my house I don't want to wait for a game to allow me to do so. (Not even allowing me to speed up to the next save point by skipping scenes).

• @Sam & Gromit said: So in the full version there is a "Play Game", a "Settings" and a "Load" in the start-up screen?

Not quite. The menu is just 'Play Game', 'Settings' and 'Exit Game'. To load a previously started game click 'Play Game' and then click on the slot you chose when starting a new game with (it'll say Game No. 1 or 2 or whatever instead of New Game).

Add Comment