User Avatar Image

Deathspank Discussion

posted by Fealiks on - last edited - Viewed by 986 users

Deathspank is scheduled to release any moment now. When it finally does, discuss!

112 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's there now (in the UK at least - I think all EU nations are the same?)

• I've decided to pass on this game because I've got a bad taste in my mouth over Hothead and Penny Arcade dropping the last two Penny Arcade Adventures episodes.

• I can understand that... but at least this game is completed.....

• Yeah, don't just not buy it out of revenge. Where does that get anyone?

Also, having played roughly 30-45 minutes so far, I can tell you that, so far, I've laughed 30-45 times.

The game is pretty much as advertised. It's got diablo-ey gameplay and it's laden with Monkey Island style writing (there must be a reason behind that). Definitely worth the price.

• Just been played the demo on the 360, and had a blast the entire time. Gameplay is so easy to pickup and get started with but feels like there's plenty in to master and the dialogue is great. Even the tutorial message voiceovers are funny. And I did like Deathspank telling me to buy this game when I tried to get a quest or use an item that isn't available or usable in the demo. Oh and I think Deathspank's voice is fantastic.

• Was seeing the game being played by someone on JTV and it looks so good and open ended. I wanna play that game!

• @corruptbiggins said: Just been played the demo on the 360, and had a blast the entire time. Gameplay is so easy to pickup and get started with but feels like there's plenty in to master and the dialogue is great. Even the tutorial message voiceovers are funny. And I did like Deathspank telling me to buy this game when I tried to get a quest or use an item that isn't available or usable in the demo. Oh and I think Deathspank's voice is fantastic.

Deathspank's voice is hit and miss for me. It's spot on 90% of the time, but some of the lines just weren't written to be read like he reads them.

Overall, though, I'm completely impressed by this game. The gameplay is incredibly easy and simple without being even slightly dumbed down. The loot makes the combat itself is very rewarding, and so do smaller things like the animations and sound effects.

And the writing in this game is just hilarious... I keep coming across more and more things that are making me laugh. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I came across something just a minute ago along the lines of "The Amulet of Usefulness (Hangs Functionally Around My Neck)"... :')

• I like the game, but I've only played the demo. I might buy it soon, after I'm finished with Lego Harry Potter.

• I read a review about it and talked to a friend who played it and it's somehow depressing that this is a good but also not a outstanding game, again.

Why can't they just make something awesome for a change instead of this boring armada of okayish to nice games?!

• Why do so many games end up with "There Will Be Sequels" endings?

Anyways, writing and aesthetic carry this games, but I'd probably have to say its more for peeps who either love the gameplay or love Gilbert-ian games.

Edit: Note, actual game may vary.

Add Comment