User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2?

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited - Viewed by 14.3K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

478 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The more I think about it, the more I want all the characters to have new models... especially Guybrush and LeChuck who have looked new in each game.

• @Irishmile said: The more I think about it, the more I want all the characters to have new models... especially Guybrush and LeChuck who have looked new in each game.

Guybrush needs a beard and voodoo pox. And LeChuck should just die.

But as a for the Season, I think there will be an announcement next year.

• @splash1 said: Guybrush needs a beard and voodoo pox. And LeChuck should just die.

But as a for the Season, I think there will be an announcement next year.

I think u may be slightly right! But not at the time you expect. My hunch and prediction reading the interview is that at best we should expect a new addition to the Monkey Island series in no less than a year.

My reasons to say this is that i feel TTG has their hands full right now, they are currently developing 3 games. Which are Sam and Max Season 3, Back to the future and Jurassic Park. And we dont know what other new stuff TTG may be planning to release. So at best it may be at the earliest in December 2011 or 2012 surely.

But this thing about Monkey Island has me so uneasy, because of the fact Lucas Arts has a new president. I hope he pushes even harder for more diversity of games for his companies and is willing to share w/ the creators the royalties for TTG. Lucas Arts is so used to mamoth income, that it makes me wonder how they view TOMI's income.

• I am curious how much of the profit Lucasarts got to have. I wonder despite higher sales of MI, Telltale get to keep more money with their other licenses...

I also hope that they got in writing some sort of deal to make sequels before the regime change. At the moment I have faith in TTG to make another MI game.... I want to believe Lucasarts still has what it takes to make a good MI game but I have my doubts

• I'm certain they'll make another series. Telltale have said again and again how successful the series has been and now they've proved to Lucasarts it's a money maker I'm sure they'll have no problems getting another licence. It's just a matter of time...

• That doesn't mean Lucas will give them the license right away, they may have to go into meetings or other legal techno babble. And Lucas may also hold the license and ask for more benefits from the profits of the series. It's a very loose franchise.

• Have we had a guess-poll about this one yet?

• @VeronicanPlay said: With the ending in Chapter 5 how could they not, you also hear small bits of what happened before tales when he assembled the Cutlass, a possible game to make I think.

Making the next game before tales is a horrible idea when there are so many questions in the season left unanswered.

• It could be a sort of flashback episode that involves doing the stuff to get to Launch of the Screaming Narwhal to explain some stuff and then the next episode goes along normally.

Dr Evil: How about NO!

• @Mermaid said: Have we had a guess-poll about this one yet?

I give it till the end of the week.

Add Comment