User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent Graphical Bug on Puzzle 2 with Snowmobile

posted by Depops on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

I have both of these problems. ESC doesn't work and there's no automatic save after the first puzzle.

In addition, there is a problem with the second puzzle. The background of the puzzle is on top of the rest of the objects so I can't see what's happening.

07TfXl.jpg

DirectX has been updated. This problem occurs both in fullscreen and windowed. I don't know what else I could try.

276 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well yes, it's a bug that stops you from playing the game, it's only natural they fix it.
    Also don't forget the bug is not limited to 4xx nvidia cards, people with other (much older) cards (like my GeForce 8600M) have the issue as well.

• @DarthBo said: Well yes, it's a bug that stops you from playing the game, it's only natural they fix it.

Try telling Volition/THQ.

@DarthBo said: Also don't forget the bug is not limited to 4xx nvidia cards, people with other (much older) cards (like my GeForce 8600M) have the issue as well.

Considering the only people here that have had an issue with a non 400 series card are Linux users, and therefore, presumably using WINE, I really don't think the card is your base problem here.

• No, the base problem is Telltale's engine doing it wrong.

• @DarthBo said: No, the base problem is Telltale's engine doing it wrong.

And they've acknowledged that, and they're working on fixing it. Everyone just needs to settle down and let Telltale do their thing; I'm sure they'll fix it and let us know when the fix is in.

Geez guys, you'd think you paid big bucks for this game. Should it have worked in the first place? Yes. Will this be a "brown paper bag" release? Sure. But they'll learn from this, and hopefully never make that mistake again. Just chill out.

• It's just a game anyway ! And this way, you'll be happy once you're finally able to enjoy it -- otherwise, you'd have finished it already :)

• @demonfoo said: And they've acknowledged that, and they're working on fixing it. Everyone just needs to settle down and let Telltale do their thing; I'm sure they'll fix it and let us know when the fix is in.

Geez guys, you'd think you paid big bucks for this game. Should it have worked in the first place? Yes. Will this be a "brown paper bag" release? Sure. But they'll learn from this, and hopefully never make that mistake again. Just chill out.

Very few people are really angry in this thread, we are just all a little disappointed such a massive bug was missed. It's not an annoying bug you have to deal with, it is a bug that makes the entire game unplayable. I think people have a right to be bothered by that considering they paid their money.

I'm okay with being patient and waiting for telltale to fix it, since they have been open about it, and frankly I waited on Sam and Max 3 and basically got Puzzle Quest for free with the 50% off deal, but STILL, it should work on release day and it should have been tested on the newest PC hardware.

• @harrispca said: The 4xx series is the latest hardware, for serious gamers with serious cooling issues.

Fixed.

Seriously - have you looked at the current temperatures? I'll take my cool-running Radeon 5870 over any of the newfangled nVidia boilers any day of the week as I don't have an air conditioner here...

np: Pawel - Mate (Pawel)

• @Leak said: Fixed.

Seriously - have you looked at the current temperatures? I'll take my cool-running Radeon 5870 over any of the newfangled nVidia boilers any day of the week as I don't have an air conditioner here...

np: Pawel - Mate (Pawel)

I think I'd have to take one of those over my current 4870 X2. Heats my room in the wintertime!

• It seems like they're in no rush to get this fix out. I was really looking forward to finally being able to play it this weekend, too.

• @xbskid said: I think I'd have to take one of those over my current 4870 X2. Heats my room in the wintertime!

I have 2 GTX480 in SLI, and have a XSPC water cooling pump, and the system never goes above 55, unless I put crysis in, and whack everything to max (which looks fantastic, and runs great) but even then, it never tops 65.

My old Alienware system, with 2 8800GTX was always at 70-80, and that was warm.

Getting back on topic. Im not angry with Telltale, or losing it, I just think to get to the 2nd puzzle (after 2-3 mins of play, most of which is watching cut scenes) to then have serious bug that means I cant go any further is poor. Sorry for not thinking that is acceptable.

Telltale are great, and yes they are going to fix the problem, which again is good of them.

Its just a pity I had to Beta test it.

Add Comment