User Avatar Image

Deathspank Discussion

posted by Fealiks on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Deathspank is scheduled to release any moment now. When it finally does, discuss!

112 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Really enjoying this game. Easy to pick up, hard to put down. It's a fun game to play at an affordable price.

Can anyone tell me if this is the first non-Monkey Island Game from Gilbert? Or are there others?

• @mysterybowler said: Can anyone tell me if this is the first non-Monkey Island Game from Gilbert? Or are there others?

He's done a lot of educational titles. Check his bio.

• @taumel said: I read a review about it and talked to a friend who played it and it's somehow depressing that this is a good but also not a outstanding game, again.

Why can't they just make something awesome for a change instead of this boring armada of okayish to nice games?!

I'm sure companies don't aim to produce okayish to nice games :P

But yeah, I agree with you that this isn't an outstanding game. It's by no means a masterpiece - it definitely feels like an arcade/PSN game. For what it is, though, it's brilliant. Despite not being able to say anything particularly amazing about this game, I can't really find anything bad to say either. It's also refreshing to genuinely laugh at a game that isn't made by Telltale again.

• The ending was... strange. I loved it, though. Just finished getting all the achievements a minute ago! :)

• @Mysterysheep said: The ending was... strange. I loved it, though. Just finished getting all the achievements a minute ago! :)

Wow this is a drawback. Looks like the game is waaay too short!

• The more I read about this game, the more bummed out I become that I don't own any consoles and can't play it. It's the first game that's ever made me think that.

• @Fealiks
    Honestly it just seems to be that he did the wrong type of game as putting some of the humour, the speakers and the art apart, there isn't much of a convincing game, not if there exist alternatives like Torchlight. He should have put more efforts in the non humour aspects of the game as well.

Kind of reminds me of Brutal Legend, a great game regarding its humour but not so convincing on the gameplay side.

A funny game is welcome in all genres but to get the most out of it, he somehow should do adventures, others are making better hack&slays and quests already. It's a little bit Gilbert down to earth. Good if you're new to this game but sort of dissapointing if you had some more expectations.

• @Mysterysheep said: The ending was... strange. I loved it, though. Just finished getting all the achievements a minute ago! :)

Kinda just made me hope that it sold well enough for the rest to be finished. I'm pretty sure this used to more complete since some of the areas shown in teasers aren't here. That's probably the biggest disappointment.

@taumel: The Brutal Legends comparison seems fairly apt. Though I do think the gameplay acts as filler between jokes better than what BL had. For something somewhat outside my genres of comfort it did alright (perhaps because I had no real expectations on the gameplay side) and it kept me entertained enough to justify its cost. It succeeds well enough, at the very least.

• @xbskid said: I've decided to pass on this game because I've got a bad taste in my mouth over Hothead and Penny Arcade dropping the last two Penny Arcade Adventures episodes.

I'm still kinda upset about that... Absolutely LOVED the first 2 episodes and really wanted the final 2... I feel like I only have half-a-game!

And on Deathspank, I've been checking the game's progress regularly since it was announced and now there's no pc release in sight!! I'm a pc player and I want it, and I intend to pay for it! Way to go hothead! That's the 2nd time you make me feel disgruntled! :mad:

• Anyone want to go through what order they did the areas after you are charged with rescuing the orphans in. I've done:

Dump
    Rich's Cabins area
    Evil Monastery
    Demon Mines East

Stuck on Nanny Demon

Add Comment