User Avatar Image

What is the DeLorean of 2010?

posted by Sinaz20 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.7K users

Greetings Programs!

I just wanted to start a little discussion that, mind you, has no bearing or official connection to the BttF game whatsoever. I'm not being cheeky - this really just is random banter and discussion.

Way back, someone in the office joked, "The DeLorean is asking too much money, so we're going to get likeness rights from Universal and hire a sound-a-like."

But it got me thinking-- The DeLorean paid off on so many gags in the BttF series...
[LIST]
[*]It was a well known, yet hard to get, American exotic car... why not build a time machine with style!
[*]It was known for having serious performance compromises making the 88mph part a bit of a in-joke gag.
[*]It's heavy as all get out-- yet it eventually can fly.
[*]It looks like the alien spaceship on the farmer kid's comic book.
[/LIST]

So, I'm wondering, if BttF were made today, what cars would have been good candidates for a 2010 time machine?

Personally, DeLorean is the be all end all, and it still works as a goofy car to build a time machine out of. It's almost as if DMC made the car specifically for this movie. It's even fun to say with an incredulous inflection: "Wait a minute, Doc... are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean??"

I think maybe I could see a Hummer working-- it's gag worthy.

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment