User Avatar Image

Deathspank Discussion

posted by Fealiks on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Deathspank is scheduled to release any moment now. When it finally does, discuss!

112 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm only at the start of that bit. I did however accidentally wonder into those demon mines to the east and got absolutely owned by 2 fairly big demons. So, I think I'll leave that place till last, also.

• People seem to really love this game until they read the reviews - Then they always appear a little dissapointed :)

• @IronCladChicken said: People seem to really love this game until they read the reviews - Then they always appear a little dissapointed :)

I agree. It's made me skeptical whether I should purchase it or not now.

Is the general consensus that this is worth a buy or should I just wait until an eventual $5 price drop/sale?

Thanks.

• Well, in all honesty... It's already very cheap. I mean for £10($15) you can't really go wrong.

• @Avel
    Yep, i think it makes a big difference the way you approach the game...

The path of enlightenment: Look, i have a new funny little game and i bought it for only xx.xx bugs.

The trail of desperation: Look, i've got Ron Gilbert's new masterpiece, you know the guy who a.o. designed Monkey Island, and he invested two years of his life into this gaming gem. In interviews he said that he tried to make it the best game and your credit card is only charged by xx.xx dollars, although it might be a little bit more due to the fluctuating exchange rates and the taxes tough.

With the first approach you will be more forgiving with aspects like the inventory or that it's not available for the PC fanbase. The second option makes you, lets say, a little bit less enthusiastic.

• I remember in some of the previews that there was supposed to be a little pirate town with a couple of Monkey Island references (named Scurvyville if I remember correctly?) but I couldn't find it... Anyone else found it or has it been cut from the game?

• Cut and possibly reserved for sequel, apparently along with WWII land. It was in one of the early teasers for the game which I may or may not have linked to earlier.

• I've just finished with 100% at Level 20 - hopefully in the sequel Deathspank will start at 20 and level up to about 40 from there...

• @Avel said: Cut and possibly reserved for sequel, apparently along with WWII land. It was in one of the early teasers for the game which I may or may not have linked to earlier.

Yeah, they cut a lot of stuff, unfortunately. There used to be a dessert, mountains, and monastery area, as well.

Add Comment