User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 4 - "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls"

posted by ttg_Stemmle on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Hideli-hodeli, Sam & Max-arinos!

Mike Stemmle here, writer and co-designer on Episode 304 of Sam & Max, a.k.a. "Beyond the Alley of the Dolls."

As this penultimate episode in our senses-shattering series careens its way through the approval process, getting ever nearer to your grubby little hands, mice, and joysticks, now seems like a good time to open up the thread for "insider" questions of various sorts.

Allow me to prime the pump with some tantalizing tidbits of info:

- The identity of this episode's villain is a big mystery.
- A character who hasn't been seen this season will return.
- Horrible things will be done to the Delorean. I mean the DeSoto. Dang, that's gonna cause problems, isn't it?
- Mr. Norrington will reveal himself.
- Stinky's "Mr. S" will make himself known.
- Grandpa Stinky will experience a great deal of joy.
- This episode features an exceptionally lame gag that I've been waiting nearly two freaking decades to make.

Oh, and we get to read everyone's mind.
Mike "Roger Ebert Rocks" Stemmle

332 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mr Nutt said: Who said he did see it?

That time contridicted itself there.

I believe one vision max told sam what he saw(you're going to win) While another vision sam claimed to had seen it and said he wanted a better angle at looking at the vision.

• I think they just cut out the parts where Max tells Sam what happened to remove some repetitiveness that would be deadly annoying.

I do think that the Sam clones are clones of Sam for a reason, though, and that he plays a role in this that none of them know yet.

• Max: Hey, Sam! This haunted toy I found just gave me an uncanny vision of our violent future!
    Sam: I know I saw it too! Somehow.
    Max: Did your version have credits?

• @Hungryfreak said: Max: Hey, Sam! This haunted toy I found just gave me an uncanny vision of our violent future!
    Sam: I know I saw it too! Somehow.
    Max: Did your version have credits?

Oh?
    Doesn't change much, though. The Sam & Max series are known for shaking off unexplainable things like that for the sake of viewer / player comfort.

How did they drive to the moon that time anyway? How come they could control their souls in 203 AFTER waking up Jurgen when just earlier they could only control their bodies? Where did the toys stuffed into Max's brain tank in 303 go before Sammun-Mak took them back? Where does Max keep his stuff?

• @Sir Pantalones said: Oh?
    Doesn't change much, though. The Sam and Max series are known for shaking off unexplainable things like that for the sake of viewer / player comfort.

How did they drive to the moon that time anyway? How come they could control their souls in 203 AFTER waking up Jurgen when just earlier they could only control their bodies? Where did the toys stuffed into Max's brain tank in 303 go before Sammun-Mak took them back? Where does Max keep his stuff?

didint at the time sam and max have a device to control their sould and put into their bodies. sammunmak still had them with him when he took over the planet. and thats none of your damn buisness.

• Normally, I'd dismiss the future vision bit as a one-off gag, but with Mike's mention of Sam being 'important', I can't shake the feeling of an underlying psychic link.

• @Dave247 said: I have a feeling that Dr Norrington is Yog-Soggoth.
    You got to be something powerful to appear as nothing and still be able to communicate.
    He was also guiding paperwait...

If Yog-Soggoth in this ep though then Telltale have something BIGGER planed for the finale...

Dr Norrington sounds a lot like The Devil.

• What if Dr. Norrington was actually a good guy? Have we really seen any evidence that he is properly up to no good. It wasn't very clear what he was getting Papierwaite to do for hime exactly.

• @tabstis said: What if Dr. Norrington was actually a good guy? Have we really seen any evidence that he is properly up to no good. It wasn't very clear what he was getting Papierwaite to do for hime exactly.

From the looks of things, summon yog soggoth and papierwaite was pretty evil when summoning him in 302 forcing maximus to due so when sammeth was going to be killed if he didnt obey and if he does obey maximus gets destroyed.

Add Comment