User Avatar Image

ToMI DVD artwork - could I get some opinions?

posted by NeatNit on - last edited - Viewed by 198 users

Well, here's the thing. I pre-ordered from Steam back when it was, well, pre-order-able, and now I've ordered the DVD from Telltale. Thing is, it's got that plain cover that Steve didn't draw (well, no one did, it's a 3D render) :(

So I was wondering what people think. Since I pre-ordered, I should get the cool cover, however I pre-ordered from Steam, but still I bought it from telltale now..

So, I was wondering what you think about this.

Honestly I don't care that much. While Steve's is cooler, I think the 3D render catches the feel of the games much better. However, it's got that very ugly ESRB square that is the only problem I have with it.


I did not send an email to support and I honestly don't expect this to get seen by a telltale employee in time, I just want to know - what do you think?

8 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think the DVD with the Steve Purcell slip cover was a perk for all those who preordered with Telltale directly, so it seems only fair that you can't get it by preordering through steam. If you really wanted it, now that you have the game on Telltale you can get the duluxe edition DVD which will not only get you the Steve Purcell slipcover, but loads of other things at $15.

  • I don't see why not they let the guy who pre-ordered Sam and Max season 3 off the PSN into the Sam and Max private forum.

  • I think, if you ask nicely, they will. Can't say for sure though :P

    Obviously they can't make it automatic (no way of knowing who bought where), and clearly they can't add each and every buyer either (way too much work, plus lack of info), so the only real option is for everyone who wants it to convince them they did.

    Personally I pre-ordered S3 from Steam (also have it on TT but it wasn't a pre-order here) and I do have access to the forum.

    @jeeno0142 said: I think the DVD with the Steve Purcell slip cover was a perk for all those who preordered with Telltale directly, so it seems only fair that you can't get it by preordering through steam. If you really wanted it, now that you have the game on Telltale you can get the duluxe edition DVD which will not only get you the Steve Purcell slipcover, but loads of other things at $15.

    I already ordered the DVD :P
    I did think about it, but those extra goodies really don't appeal to me, and the only thing that bothers me with the DVD cover I'll get is the ESRB ugliness... $15 to remove that, no thanks :P

  • @NeatNit said: I already ordered the DVD :P
    I did think about it, but those extra goodies really don't appeal to me, and the only thing that bothers me with the DVD cover I'll get is the ESRB ugliness... $15 to remove that, no thanks :P

    I only wanted the Stan 'Trial of the Century' button so I decided against ordering it as well. I didn't want the Steve Purcell slipcover either as I already have it as a print and on the gift card I gave to myself (I keep it in my purse :P ). Instead I wanted as many different forms of the artwork as I could find, and that to me meant getting the standard DVD!

  • The Steve Purcell cover is a slipcover, so most likely it's a box over the standard box. So with the Deluxe Edition, you'd have both covers.

  • That's quite true, hadn't even considered that! :P But I'm still quite happy with my decision!

  • Well, I e-mail support I believe 3 buisness days ago asking about getting ToTMI for free just pay shipping and due to them not being able to add and discount the Delux edition they said they'd but the Purcell edition in my cart.

  • @Elvenmonk said: they let the guy who pre-ordered Sam and Max season 3 off the PSN into the Sam and Max private forum.

    Wait, what? I could use the forum the whole time? How?(I pre-ordered on PS3)

Add Comment