User Avatar Image

Which Movie is it Based On?

posted by StrongBrush1 on - last edited - Viewed by 613 users

Will this new game be based on the First Movie, the second, the Third, or Is it something completely different?
I'm hoping it will be one of the first two movies, but even more so, I want both.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think the series should follow any of the movies unless they do what was done for the Half-Life 1 expansions where you experienced the same time frame from different perspectives. Instead, I fully expect TTG's Jurassic Park season to be new, "expanded universe"-type material. Maybe a prequel, or an in-between-films storyline (Star Wars Clone Wars, anyone?). They could also pull a Tron 2 and make the videogame a direct sequel to JP3.

• @xbskid said: ... new, "expanded universe"-type material ...

That's what I would guess.

• I have a feeling it will be some random characters who end up on the island with most of the puzzles taking place in the ruins of the Jurassic Park labs.
    A shame there are no Dinosaurs left alive on the first island, it always bothered me they weren't able to return to the first Island in the sequels for that very reason. I would have LOVED to see the ruins of familiar locations, like the great hall with the destroyed T-rex skeleton and that banner lying on the floor.
    I actually quite like the 2nd movie, they went a bit too big in certain places but it was definitely a Spielberg movie with some great FX and great nailbiting scenes...it kinda went downhill the moment they set foot in San Fransisco though, more Godzilla than Jurassic Park.
    The 3rd movie was just ridiculous, the dinosaurs looked extremely fake and monster-ish compared to the "real" animals of the first 2 movies.

• @zwollie said: ...it kinda went downhill the moment they set foot in San Fransisco though, more Godzilla than Jurassic Park.

That was San Diego ;) (but it wasn't filmed here except for some aerial shots). Agree about Godzilla. :D

• @thom-22 said: That was San Diego ;) (but it wasn't filmed here except for some aerial shots). Agree about Godzilla. :D

Lol, San Diego...right, right. :p

• @zwollie said: I actually quite like the 2nd movie, they went a bit too big in certain places but it was definitely a Spielberg movie with some great FX and great nailbiting scenes...it kinda went downhill the moment they set foot in San Fransisco though, more Godzilla than Jurassic Park.

I compared JP2 to King Kong in another thread. Just something about bringing some giant creature back to civilization to show it off only for it to go apeshit* that makes it sound the same.

* Unfortunately this pun does not apply to dinosaurs.

• Since it's Jurassic Park, I'm hoping for a horror survival adventure game from TTG, that's the kind of game I'd really expect when talking about Jurassic Park anyhow. So therefore, it's like the movies that the people involved need to survive/outwit the dinos, but something different (i.e. not following the plots or previous stories except maybe dealing with relatives cause you know how bad luck seems based on family)

• Jurassic Park Adventures: Escape from Dilophosaur Quadrant will follow the exploits of fan-favourite Dennis Nedry, expanding his near-fatal sputter attack from the first film into a hilarious action-adventure spanning two islands and all three movies. Stay tuned for more news - and perhaps a few surprise casting announcements - at the upcoming Telltale Comic Con panel hosted by Wayne Knight. Thank you for your interest in Telltale Games!

• @HappyBob said: Jurassic Park Adventures: Escape from Dilophosaur Quadrant will follow the exploits of fan-favourite Dennis Nedry, expanding his near-fatal sputter attack from the first film into a hilarious action-adventure spanning two islands and all three movies. Stay tuned for more news - and perhaps a few surprise casting announcements - at the upcoming Telltale Comic Con panel hosted by Wayne Knight. Thank you for your interest in Telltale Games!

Source please! :P

• @SpaceFalcon2001 said: Since it's Jurassic Park, I'm hoping for a horror survival adventure game from TTG, that's the kind of game I'd really expect when talking about Jurassic Park anyhow. So therefore, it's like the movies that the people involved need to survive/outwit the dinos, but something different (i.e. not following the plots or previous stories except maybe dealing with relatives cause you know how bad luck seems based on family)

Hmmm... how about NO.

Add Comment