User Avatar Image

Which Movie is it Based On?

posted by StrongBrush1 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Will this new game be based on the First Movie, the second, the Third, or Is it something completely different?
I'm hoping it will be one of the first two movies, but even more so, I want both.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd love it if it were the Nedry adventure as I don't think Wayne Knight has had a role since Toy Story 2.

Kidding aside, I imagine that the game could take place in a prototype lab in which they first tested dinosaur behavior before starting to build the park... or did I not remember something from the first film? It's been a LONG time since I've seen Jurassic Park or the Lost World...

• @StrongBrush1 said: Hmmm... how about NO.

How about YES! I didn't see you suggest anything beyond "Like the movies" when most people want something different. Of course my vision is more awesome with gore (the combination of Dinos and People means people get eaten) and an M rating. I doubt TTG would go so far as to make it not "family friendly" unfortunately, but it should be some kind of scary (We're talking JP! Those Velociraptors gave me some nightmares!)! More than Puzzle agent scary.

• @SpaceFalcon2001 said: Of course my vision is more awesome with gore (the combination of Dinos and People means people get eaten) and an M rating.

I know this probably won't happen with the NBC/Universal contract, buuut, if Telltale felt like developing their own game of an unlimited bloody and mature nature (Not that they would), they could release it via their own store to at least moderate success. They only need a rating to sell it via retail.

• I don't know why people want or expect a mature rated game just because it's about dinosaurs when the actual films were all rated PG.

• @corruptbiggins said: I don't know why people want or expect a mature rated game just because it's about dinosaurs when the actual films were all rated PG.

Some people are in an unending quest for ultra-realism, some for ultra-violence. The world is full of all kinds.

• @corruptbiggins said: I don't know why people want or expect a mature rated game just because it's about dinosaurs when the actual films were all rated PG.

And if you watch the first one, PG was probably not a very appropriate rating. There were shots of dinos killing and eating people. Severed limbs and other gore. Animals being devoured and reduced to bones with only bits and pieces left hanging. IMO, I doubt it would get a PG today. The equivalent in a video game is a pretty straight shot to M (T if half the ratings board isn't paying attention).

• @xbskid said: Some people are in an unending quest for ultra-realism, some for ultra-violence. The world is full of all kinds.

Realism doesn't seem to be a factor really when bringing back dinosaurs from extinction. Simply, the blatant plot point that is Jurassic Park is easily summed up: Dinosaurs are murder machines that kill people and destroy cities. We shouldn't be talking about some kind of revisionist universe where man has suddenly domesticated all the dinos to serve as pets, and, heck why not, they talk too in cutesy voices. I guess 4th time is the charm at breeding out the malevolence that has been dinos in the JP universe.

• @SpaceFalcon2001 said: Of course my vision is more awesome with gore (the combination of Dinos and People means people get eaten) and an M rating.

The Only Telltale Series to have ever gotten an M rating is CSI. But that was because of a mix of blood, drugs, and language. Believe it or not, I remember NONE of those things being in the movies. (Aside from Samuel L. Jackson saying "***damn it" about halfway through the first one. And the occasional smoker.)

• @SpaceFalcon2001 said: Simply, the blatant plot point that is Jurassic Park is easily summed up: Dinosaurs are murder machines that kill people and destroy cities.

Shh! Don't let Nikasaur hear you!

• @StrongBrush1 said: Believe it or not, I remember NONE of those things being in the movies. (Aside from Samuel L. Jackson saying "***damn it" about halfway through the first one. And the occasional smoker.)

I can't speak for JP 2/3 because those were less than memorable for me, but 1 is burned in my memory. It certainly wouldn't fit to have it any other way (I'd compare it to alien in some ways).

Jurassic Park Deaths:

#1, Security guard eaten live by Velociraptors (who seem to be invulnerable to stun guns)
    #2, Lawyer guy bitten by T-rex and corpse flung about
    #3, Newman gets eaten by Dilophosarus complete with face blinding acid and killed in car
    #4, Samual Jackson killed by Velociraptors, note severed limb conviniently placed to freak out female lead (there were other cases of severed limbs but this happened to be in the death scene, I remember an eye thing)
    #5: Hunter guy gets face ripped off by Velociraptor.

Also not shown: Velociraptor feeding time which was near the beginning of the movie before they lost control where they basically pulled the piranha trick by feeding them a whole cow but with Velociraptors instead.

As I recall, this was the movie Steven Spielberg wouldn't take his kid to and said that taking your kids to this movie was like child abuse.

Add Comment