User Avatar Image

The City that Dares not Sleep Speculation Thread

posted by tabstis on - last edited - Viewed by 5.7K users

Wow that episode went quickly. But I think not everything has become clear yet... I still think we will see a main villain to the season as in the previous two. We also don't know what happened to Skunkape, Sal or Papierwaite! (although the latter may be dead...NOOOO) And Max is being controlled by Junior, right? What will the next episode be like without him? And will the narrator ever show up...

554 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nah dude, Harry's just chilling in Max/Junior's stomach waiting for Sam to join him in 305 :p

• Mr. Kerstbal, please use the EDIT option if you want to add something and your last post was the last post of the thread at the time. It is rather annoying if people double post, and it also tends to get people in trouble, and I wouldn't want anyone to get banned from excessive double posting.

• @Mr. Kerstbal said: This has probably been said an infite number of times before, but I really miss the office and Bosco. The office only for the music, though.

Do you have the season 1 DVD? It has an .mp3 with the office music. I have like 35 Sam & Max tracks in an iTunes playlist, including 4 from my old Hit the Road CD. "The Office" is definitely a favorite.

• I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I'm expecting a giant monster battle between Max and Sal. Sal has been bitten by the bad luck bug and I wouldn't be surprised if it went on into the next episode. I think the villain has been safely wrapped up now and I'd love to see Sam turn to the narrator for advice.

Oh, and as for the pull the chord thing...t'was a reference to Ed Wood, emphasised by the fact that the narrator is a parody of Criswell, a character from the movie and a real life 'actor' in Woods actual films.

Also, Mack Salmon. MACK. SALMON. If I do not see any reference to Mack Salmon in the next episode, I might just be forced to give up playing adventure games.

...maybe.

• @Bmask said: Also, Mack Salmon. MACK. SALMON. If I do not see any reference to Mack Salmon in the next episode, I might just be forced to give up playing adventure games.

For episode 202 they were originally going to have Mr. Spatula be Mack Salmon; however, Steve Purcell said no, he does not want Mack Salmon's backstory to be revealed. In other words, don't hold your breath for Mack Salmon to appear.

• I don’t think Sal is dead. Use future vision on him after he draw the cake: it shows him yelling "Save yourself, babe" towards the sea, which has yet to happen.

• @Power46 said: For episode 202 they were originally going to have Mr. Spatula be Mack Salmon; however, Steve Purcell said no, he does not want Mack Salmon's backstory to be revealed. In other words, don't hold your breath for Mack Salmon to appear.

Now that's interesting...see, I actually don't want to know his origin either, I think there's just so much more parody potential in having the character just pop up randomly with a misguided grudge against the heroes. It would be a nice nod to the fans but rather than being self indulgent would act as a decent joke. Not that what we haven't got here isn't solid scriptwriting anyway (the Charlie Ho-tep revelation is easily one of the best reveals in a telltale game thus far, the way the comedy was kept up without being bogged down by any drama was really well done.)

• I hope we get to revisit the office in episode 5, and preferrably while the office building is dislodged from the ground and carried by a humongous Stitch impersonator.

Anyway, having the episode set partly inside of Max (both his body and his mind) would make a lot of sense to me. Partly because that future vision had a giant Max swallow Sam, but especially since a visit to his mind could mean that we would meet the last bit of the normal Max left in there, and that he could use "powers" inside his own brain to help Sam against the parts conquered by Junior...?

Would be a plausible way of reintroducing Max's psychic abilities in 305, in my opinion.

• @Sir Pantalones said: Partly because that future vision had a giant Max swallow Sam

That was in the Dark Dimension though.
    So unless you also expect Sam to kill himself with poison and Max to beat Sam to dead with a hammer, don't hold out for it...

• I actually thought it was a gag. Kinda like 'hey, let's use future vision to solve this puzzle! Oh...wait.'

Add Comment