User Avatar Image

So, anyone else surprised that TTG got beaten to the punch here?

posted by alexonfyre on - last edited - Viewed by 641 users

I don't know if any of you guys have played Blue Toad Mystery Files, but it is a funny, episodic puzzle based game with cartoonish characters that even look like they are from the TTEngine. Playing it, I am surprised it isn't by them, since it seems so much to me like the type of puzzle game TTG would make if they made one (much more so than Puzzle Agent.)
I liked Puzzle Agent quite a lot, but I think that anyone who likes TTG and also puzzle games needs to play Blue Toad, though it is PS3 exclusive.

Is anyone else surprised that TTG didn't do it first?

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Pcox said: lol, consoles.

Pcox wins the thread!!

• @Pcox said: lol, consoles.

lol consoles indeed. I've grown to despise my consoles more and more as of late, and I'm really not sure if the "next gen" will be able to produce anything that can sway me otherwise. The only thing that coudl get me back into console gaming at this point would be, for example, Ubisoft-style DRM on everything on the PC platform. Even then, though, I'm very much into independent gaming on the PC platform, and that segment very rarely does anything draconian DRM-wise...partially because they can't afford to. =P

• Oh my god, I was letting this game run for a while, and there is a running gag of it telling you in various fashions to press "x" to continue. Well, one of the gags was "Look! A three-headed monkey! Oh, you missed it, now press x to continue"

No doubt about it, these guys are playing these games and are probably among us right now!

• @SHODANFreeman said: Xbox 360 requires you to buy an $80 dongle to get wifi access, PS3 has it built in.
    Xbox 360 requires you to pay $50 annually to play online, PS3 has free online play.
    Xbox 360 forces you to buy random amounts of "points" in odd amounts so that if you buy anything that doesn't cost exact increments of 400 points, you end up having points sit around unspent forever, PS3 uses exact currency amounts, added as you need it.
    Xbox 360 wireless controllers require you to buy a battery pack and charger/charge cable or endless AA batteries to use them, PS3 controllers come with built in rechargeable batteries that can be charged with any USB mini cable.
    Xbox 360 arcade had absolutely no hard drive, requiring you to either buy an overpriced and microscopic memory card, or an overpriced hard drive in order to even save or patch a game, and only very recently allowed flash drive support, every PS3 SKU has come with a hard drive, all PS3s have had flash drive support and several have also come with memory card slots in addition to their hard drives.

Xbox 360 and PS3 games cost exactly the same price on launch, so I don't really know what to make of that comment, unless you're referring to Wii games, which are inherently cheaper to make than 360 and PS3 games due to the lower quality graphics on the Wii meaning less production time in most cases.

In 4 years of owning a 360, it cost me over $700, in roughly the same amount of time, my PS3 has only cost me $300 for more features.

How are Sony the ones that have their hand on your wallet?

But on topic: The game does look somewhat interesting, and I may try it at some point. :p

Okay the Sony people win for you. This thread is about Puzzle Agent. Your point is?

• @Fochivoma said: Okay the Sony people win for you. This thread is about Puzzle Agent. Your point is?

Actually this thread is only marginally related to Puzzle Agent, and is primarily about Blue Toad Murder Files, which at the end of my post I said looked interesting and that I may try it out. Furthermore, I was replying to a post within the thread wherein an individual was attempting to sling mud at Sony for seemingly no reason with pretty much unfounded claims, so I felt the need to reply to these claims.

Also, it's pretty hypocritical to call someone out for being "off-topic" while posting something that is even further off-topic.

On-topic: I looked on the PSN store and was saddened by the fact that there isn't a demo, nor the ability to buy anything but episode 1, or the first 3 in a bundle, or all 6 in a bundle. I wish they at least had the "buy 1 episode, then upgrade to full series later" option.

• @SHODANFreeman said: I looked on the PSN store and was saddened by the fact that there isn't a demo, nor the ability to buy anything but episode 1, or the first 3 in a bundle, or all 6 in a bundle. I wish they at least had the "buy 1 episode, then upgrade to full series later" option.

Unfortunately, Sony is not Telltale; they are a giant corporation and they do not care enough to take suggestions. They just want your money. Of course, Telltale wants our money, too, it's just that they seem to deserve mine more than Sony. :)

• @xbskid said: Unfortunately, Sony is not Telltale; they are a giant corporation and they do not care enough to take suggestions. They just want your money. Of course, Telltale wants our money, too, it's just that they seem to deserve mine more than Sony. :)

Relentless Software made BTMF, not Sony.

• @SHODANFreeman said: Xbox 360 requires you to buy an $80 dongle to get wifi access, PS3 has it built in.
    Xbox 360 requires you to pay $50 annually to play online, PS3 has free online play.
    Xbox 360 forces you to buy random amounts of "points" in odd amounts so that if you buy anything that doesn't cost exact increments of 400 points, you end up having points sit around unspent forever, PS3 uses exact currency amounts, added as you need it.
    Xbox 360 wireless controllers require you to buy a battery pack and charger/charge cable or endless AA batteries to use them, PS3 controllers come with built in rechargeable batteries that can be charged with any USB mini cable.
    Xbox 360 arcade had absolutely no hard drive, requiring you to either buy an overpriced and microscopic memory card, or an overpriced hard drive in order to even save or patch a game, and only very recently allowed flash drive support, every PS3 SKU has come with a hard drive, all PS3s have had flash drive support and several have also come with memory card slots in addition to their hard drives.

Xbox 360 and PS3 games cost exactly the same price on launch, so I don't really know what to make of that comment, unless you're referring to Wii games, which are inherently cheaper to make than 360 and PS3 games due to the lower quality graphics on the Wii meaning less production time in most cases.

In 4 years of owning a 360, it cost me over $700, in roughly the same amount of time, my PS3 has only cost me $300 for more features.

How are Sony the ones that have their hand on your wallet?

But on topic: The game does look somewhat interesting, and I may try it at some point. :p

BTW, Half of these points are inaccurate now.

• @SHODANFreeman said: Relentless Software made BTMF, not Sony.

It doesn't matter who made what; I'd still have to give my money to Sony to play BTMF.

Add Comment