User Avatar Image

Ipod touch apps

posted by benzelz on - last edited - Viewed by 598 users

Hi guys!

Chat about your favourite ipod touch, iphone or ipad apps!

Also give full reviews about apps, discuss your least favourite apps and just have fun!

Benzelz

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hector

Amazing classic adventuring. Very challenging though.

Espgaluda II

Fantastic old-school shootemup

Sword and Poker 2

Bizarrely compelling mix of poker and RPG. Fills 30 seconds very well.

GeoDefense

Can't not have a tower defense game and this ties with

Plants vs Zombies

for the best one. Very different games though.

Shift

Fantastic puzzle platformer with a frustratingly brilliant control system that no-one has nabbed yet.

• Monkey Island2-SE- couldn't help myself, I bought it for iPod. Apart from small screen that kind of prevents you from seeing all the bells&whistles of new updated graphics, it's an amazing conversion of the beloved classic. It looks and sounds amazing, plays smooth and it's great fun all around.
    Also, if you are like me and don't remember much of the game anymore (it must be around 15 years since I was playing it), it feels almost like playing a new Monkey Island game.

• While waiting for Puzzle Agent try out The Jim and Frank Mysteries – The Blood River Files. At the introductory price of 0,99$ it's a no brainer.

I've been playing it for a bit and it's great. However, "rip-off" critics beware.. this one truly looks and feels like a lost twin brother of Professor Layton :p
    As far as I heard, it's also very long, around 20 hours.

While I must say, I prefer the look and atmosphere of Puzzle Agent (judging by the PC demo), this one should keep you occupied until PA hit iTunes.

• @Paintbrush said: While waiting for Puzzle Agent try out The Jim and Frank Mysteries – The Blood River Files. At the introductory price of 0,99$ it's a no brainer.

I've been playing it for a bit and it's great. However, "rip-off" critics beware.. this one truly looks and feels like a lost twin brother of Professor Layton :p
    As far as I heard, it's also very long, around 20 hours.

While I must say, I prefer the look and atmosphere of Puzzle Agent (judging by the PC demo), this one should keep you occupied until PA hit iTunes.

Jim & Frank remind me of the Hardley Boys. And no, I didn't spell their last name wrong.

• Here is the portable console food chain:

iPhone 4 ≥ PSP > Chewing your own leg off > Nokia N-Gage > DS

• I don't have an iPhone.

Um, snails?

• @Snicklin said: Here is the portable console food chain:

iPhone 4 ≥ PSP > Chewing your own leg off > Nokia N-Gage > DS

So, you'd rather chew your own leg off than play the DS?

• Yes. I have owned one, and I have to say, it is the worst of the bunch of handheld gaming platforms.

And in case anyone is in sixth grade or earlier, "≥" means "greater than or equal to".

• The best iPod Touch/iPhone app, I think, is DropBox*. Free 2GB of cloud storage that is probably the least complicated and most manageable cloud storage available. Drag your files into the folder. That's it. You can access them on your iPod whenever you have internet access. The folders are also extremely useful in syncing files between computers. It's really great for syncing music too, and while the free 2GB(2.25 after a few quick tutorial steps) isn't that much, it's enough to store a somewhat-appreciable playlist, and there are simply a lot of clever ways to use it with or without an app on your portable device.

*Note, the link is totally a referral link for the service. I get extra space for sign-ups through this link. If you are completely against the idea of giving me credit for a referral, feel free to go to the regular domain yourself.

Add Comment