User Avatar Image

Game-Style?

posted by harryisere on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Hi, Im not very familiar with Telltale games.

How will this new jurassic park look and play?

I mean will it be like an adventure, open-world game like rockstars 'Red Dead Redemption' or 'GTA IV'? In which you can roam around the Island, encounter dinosaurs and complete missions when ever it suits you.

Or will it be more of a click and move game? Something like a PC game.

Could someone with more experience in playing Telltale games please tell me what is likely to be the style of the game? By style I mean what will it look like? Will be a game like red dead redemption? or a game like 'Jurassic park: Operation Genesis' with that click and move style

Sorry if this is a pointless thread, it's just im really excited about this game because Jurassic Park is my all time favourite film franchise.

Cheers x :)

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Definitely, not a sand-box game (RockStar's GTA and such)

• It's probably not going to be a park sim like Operation Genesis either. It will almost certainly be released for PC as well as other platforms, and the PC version will probably involve using the mouse and clicking, if you're for some reason opposed to that.

We really don't know that much about the game at this point. Telltale usually makes traditional adventure games, which are different from action-adventure games in that all of the emphasis is on story and puzzle-solving rather than combat and platforming. But they've stated that their Jurassic Park game will be different from their usual games. It'll probably have more fast-paced action-y elements than their usual stuff. But we really don't know.

It's not likely to be free-roaming, because their proprietary engine is more suited for creating smaller enclosed environments with fixed, cinematic camera angles.

• @harryisere said: Or will it be more of a click and move game with poor graphics? Something like a PC game.

This is your definition of a PC game?

• @xbskid said: This is your definition of a PC game?

Yes it is. In most PC games you use a mouse to click and move.

• Alright, if you aren't a PC Gamer, I'd advise you try the Demo for 'Sam and Max Save The World' on Xbox or 'Tales of Monkey Island' on PSN so you can see the type of games TTG makes.

• @harryisere said: Yes it is. In most PC games you use a mouse to click and move.

Usually the mouse is used to look and perform actions; rarely is it used for movement. And also, the way your post was worded, "poor graphics" was part of the definition, which is most certainly not the case (Unless you're talking about PopCap's games).

• I'll choose to ignore harryisere's incorrect claims about PC gaming and simply say that in my opinion it will probably be a classic adventure style game with possibly some elements of action, as much as I love point and click adventure games, I simply can't imagine a Jurrasic Park game without some sort of action...

• @harryisere said: I mean will it be like an adventure, open-world game like rockstars 'Red Dead Redemption' or 'GTA IV'? In which you can roam around the Island, encounter dinosaurs and complete missions when ever it suits you.

I thought I wasn't interested in this game, but actually, if it's anything like this, sign me up! That sounds unbelievably awesome! (And reminds me of the Lost Valley from Tomb Raider.)

Or will it be more of a click and move game with poor graphics? Something like a PC game.

You know GTA is a PC game right, and that the PC is the only platform for which all GTA games have been released? If it wasn't for the PC, GTA wouldn't even exist!
    @harryisere said: (Unless you're talking about PopCap's games).
    What's with all the hating? PopCap rocks! They make fun games, sell them at a reasonable price, and open-sourced their framework for everyone to use.

• Well... One thing I know: It's going to be a well written story with drama and tension... A gaming-cinematic experience... TTG are great at that! :D

• @SubSidal said: Well... One thing I know: It's going to be a well written story with drama and tension... A gaming-cinematic experience... TTG are great at that! :D

That much I'm hoping for. When it comes to Jurassic Park I want and awesome story with drama and tension.

Of course, we still don't know what cannon this game will fall under. If it follows the movies will it take place before the movies or after? Or perhaps somewhere in between?

As for as gameplay, I'm hoping they do go with a different approach than their previous works. I'm going to be honest. I'm just here to follow Jurassic Park. I've played the demos for Sam and Max and Monkey Island. I did not like Monkey Island at all! I did enjoy Sam and Max a bit more but it didn't see like something I would want to pay for.

So, I'm hoping for a gameplay different than that of those two. If they do, I hope it's more along the line of what Heavy Rain was. Because walking around as Sam and Max in that game reminded me a bit of how you walked around in Heavy Rain. I'm well aware that Heavy Rain is not a TellTale game but the similarity is there.

Add Comment