User Avatar Image

20 hour road trip, need suggestions for games to take

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 360 users

My list of games I have and may take are

PC GAMES:

Broken Sword 1-4 (havent beaten 3 and 4)
Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers
Gabriel Knight 3

The Dig
Still Life
Full Throttle

Gabriel Knight The Beast Within[I]
Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb

Sam and Max Hit the Road[/I]
Escape from Monkey Island
Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine
Monkey Island Madness (1 and 2 obviously)
STar Trek a Final Unity
Star Trek Judgement Rights
Grim Fandango

Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis
The Last Express
Star Wars Jedi Knight
A Vampyre Story

PS games:

Final Fantasy 1-9

These are the games that I own that I am considering taking, not all the games I own. :p

edit: Beneath a Silver Sky (Around here some where...)
I'd like to take Simon the Sorcerer but I can't find my copy
I would take TOMI too but I never ordered my hard copy. I do have the Sam n Max TTG 1/2 but I don't feel like taking those with me.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • well, seeing as on a road trip you probably can't play playstation, i think ive just eliminated 10 options for you ;)

• @The Highway said: well, seeing as on a road trip you probably can't play playstation, i think ive just eliminated 10 options for you ;)

I have a portable PS one man.:p

• Well, The Curse of Monkey Island is a must... unfortunetly you don't own it, but it is completely unmissable.

I'd bring monkey madness, particualy because of MI2, Grim Fandango and probably the broken sword games because although I've never actually played them, it's obviously much more fun to play a game first time round rather than replaying a classic adventure game.

• @elzbenz said: Well, The Curse of Monkey Island is a must... unfortunetly you don't own it, but it is completely unmissable.

I'd bring monkey madness, particualy because of MI2, Grim Fandango and probably the broken sword games because although I've never actually played them, it's obviously much more fun to play a game first time round rather than replaying a classic adventure game.

I do own Curse of Monkey Island, played it to death...thought I'd look for good road games.

I guess I'll take Grim Fandango, looks like a "road game".

I've played the first 2 broken swords, loved them, started the 3rd, never finished it.

ACtually 1-9 isn't on a ps one, you don't get the 3rd game on a PS-one.

Thanks for the suggestion, Grim Fandango makes the list!

• Bring one of the final fantasies if only one - I remember playing 6 on the road quite a bit...

• Do you want long games or just short runs? Either way, I'll recommend you should play, like, TF2 if you're going to have the internet. With no internet, maybe try Plants Vs. Zombies. Great time killer.

• From those i would only take The DIG and Broken Sword 1 with me, maybe you want to buy Machinarium as well.

• What spec is the laptop(I presume) you are taking?

As for playstation theres Xenogears, Persona 2, Suikoden 1-2, Grandia, Wild Arms.

• Sam and Max hit the road and Full Throttle sorta seem appropriate for a road trip...

:D

• @Rawr said: What spec is the laptop(I presume) you are taking?

As for playstation theres Xenogears, Persona 2, Suikoden 1-2, Grandia, Wild Arms.

I like that (I presume). That's a good trait in my opinion, if only I could remember to that open minded my self more often. :p

Leaves room for creativity, imagination, learning.

ANYWAYS

The laptop can play all of the games on my list. :)

I don't know if i have the time to track down any more PS one games though.

Add Comment