User Avatar Image

Ridiculous Shipping Price

posted by BoneFreak on - last edited - Viewed by 315 users

Hi, I WAS going to purchase the Surfing the Highway book, but I was shocked at how the minimum price would be 9.74 for shipping to Illinois! Is there anything else you guys can do for it? It's not available for Ground shipping as well.

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

I'm not sure how heavy the paperback is, but it can't weigh much less than the hardcover which is over one pound and therefore would have to be shipped at the 2 pound rate ($8.09 for parcel post - ground service - from California to Illinois, not including "handling") unless packed in a flat rate priority mail box (it might fit in a small one, which would make shipping - without handling - $4.85 or $4.95).
    Since it's a book, it should also qualify for Media Mail, a.k.a. "the slowest boat to China", which can take upwards of three weeks (domestically), but would only cost Telltale $2.77 (I used to work at a mailing center, where people were always looking for the cheapest way to mail their packages and while Media Mail always looked attractive on paper, they often regretted not paying the extra few dollars for Priority Mail...).

• I understand why the Monkey Island Mug will cost $11, but still, this is just a book!

• i ordered a magazine from the us recently, it was sent per usps and shipment costs were about 5$ (at least thats what the sticker on the package says). and yeah, it says flatrate/priority mail.

imagine that! 5$ from us (cold spring harbour, ny) to germany! but that's not all.... i got it in about a week!

edit: WAIT! There are also two stamps on the package, 4,90$ each. This makes total shipment cost of 15 bucks.

I'm confused, i only paid 15$ for the magazine including shipping. Hmmm.... but they had to send it twice, cause the first shipment got lost. Maybe they sent the second shipment with priority cause of faster delivery? I don'T know

• I'll also mention another big problem I've been having lately:When I go to the checkout and have those "Would you like to proceed to the insecure site?" or whatever things, and It's fine there, but until I close the browser, I'll have that message on every page on Telltale!

• @BoneFreak said: I'll also mention another big problem I've been having lately:When I go to the checkout and have those "Would you like to proceed to the insecure site?" or whatever things, and It's fine there, but until I close the browser, I'll have that message on every page on Telltale!

I know Firefox can remember security exceptions like that. What browser are you using?

• @xbskid said: I know Firefox can remember security exceptions like that. What browser are you using?

Internet Explorer 9

• @BoneFreak said: Internet Explorer 9

Ouch. And there's no option somewhere to permanently trust the certificate?

• It fined me 45$ once, for a DVD.

I really really want a free shipping deal or there is absolutely NO way for me to buy ANYTHING from the store.

PS. It would be extra great if you postponed a free shipping deal after the release of the S&M S3 Soundtrack release.

• @BoneFreak said: Internet Explorer 9

There's not even a beta out yet, and you're really complaining about the fact that it doesn't work well with telltales website? You can't be serious.

• @Cyphox said: There's not even a beta out yet, and you're really complaining about the fact that it doesn't work well with telltales website? You can't be serious.

Or 7.. I don't really know.

Add Comment