User Avatar Image

iTunes

posted by ffc82 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Anyone know when its going to be on iTunes really want it for my iPhone?

Thanks

113 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Koloth said: As long as there is a dev here: are you going to be making art that can take advantage of the high resolution display on say the iPhone 4 as well as on the regular display on the other iPod/iPhones?

Are there stlll Games out, which use the higher Resolution of the iPhone 4? It is a bit sad, that the iPhone 4 cannot use the iPad-versions due to the (only slightly) lower resolution.

• Quite a few games are already updated to use the higher resolution of the iPhone 4. And they also support the regular iPhone resolutions. Including games like Sword of Fargoal, for which the graphics on the iPhone 4 look quite close to the iPad version's graphics.

But alas, the iPhone 4 does lose iPad game use due to that resolution limitation and (to a point) processor limitation. Yes, they use the same processor, but the iPhone 4 runs at a lower clock speed. In some ways, the slightly lower res does help keep the speed up some, but one would still need to engineer such software for tests on the iPhone 4 so it's optimized.

Still, the iPad may have a few issues it needs a software upgrade to deal with. I'm pretty sure the iPad's compatibility with iPhone software limits only the version of the iPhone software that runs at the original iPhone resolutions. So iPad users are currently out on seeing supported iPhone software running at iPhone 4 resolutions. They may update that with the iOS4 release on the iPad. That's just a guess, on my part, as it would be a logical time for them to do it.

• @Koloth said: As long as there is a dev here: are you going to be making art that can take advantage of the high resolution display on say the iPhone 4 as well as on the regular display on the other iPod/iPhones?

I'd like to know this too. I have an iPhone 4 and I'm going to buy this again when it comes out, but it would be nice to have Retina Display Support.

• so here we are july 30th...where is the gaame :(?

• Yeah. Is it arriving anytime soon?

• @supmandude85 said: Its August 3rd where is it?

Where is what?

Ohhhh, Puzzle Agent!!! I totally forgot about that... I just assumed it was vaporware...

• 8th of august and nothing showed up :(:( what is going on?

• They forgot to push the "make game" button, since no work or effort is required to make a port. Obviously.

• The iPhone 4 and iOS4 both came into existence while this port was being developed, so it's possible that they slowed down to implement support for that, rather than rushing to get it done and knowing that they'd have to patch it again.

Add Comment