User Avatar Image

Massive Sam and Max Copyright infringement.

posted by Shawni on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users

A friend and myself were surfing through the net when we found this http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4245498

Two people are using the Sam and Max characters unlicensed to create a side scrolling beat'em up game, and are charging people from the furry fandom $50 to add their characters to said game.

This is profiting off the Sam and Max character names and franchise and a blatent copyright infringement.

I didn't know where else to post this.
-Shawni

241 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Javi-Wan Kenobi said: Using the characters for a non official game should be enough for sue them.

Not exactly, I assume Telltale has it where you can make fan art and fan creations, just as long as you acknowledge the creators and don't make profit.

These people, however, are making profit.

Telltale could probably easily win this court case, though. As the post says, it's only 2 guys making it and if they'll need people's $50 then they must not be loaded.

However, I want the case in court to be filmed, or at least in a court that films all it's cases (Judge Judy, anyone?) :D.

• @BoneFreak said: However, I want the case in court to be filmed, or at least in a court that films all it's cases (Judge Judy, anyone?) :D.

That would be awesome.

• http://legi0n.789chan.org/i/res/879.html

Not sure if this would help at all. (Or infact make everything worse...)

• This is such an outrage, I'm not even going to ask why you were looking for Sam and Max on Furaffinity.

• @Falanca said: The worst thing is that Sam wears no golden shorts in that NSFW version.

I am so glad that when I try to click on the NSFW version it tells me I'm not allowed to view it. I thought it was because I don't have a furaffinity account, but now I think it is because my laptop values my eyes.

I hope telltale (or whoever) put a stop to this. they are going to make quite a profit off sam n max if they charge $50 a character. If it was all free, itd be a kinda neat fan game (minus the furries), but charging like that grrrrr.

• Sue them!sue them!im gona beat the crap outta the people who made that game!the people who made the game had better give credit or else :mad:

now to make us more happy heres guybrush doing some type of dance
    :guybrush:

• I suppose Sam and Max being around the furry comunity was a no brainer and I guess people would like to make a fangame at some point... BUT $50!?! Just to have so some smuck could have their poorly drawn, brightly coloured monstoriousty of a "character" in a probably generic game? Now that just an't right!

• @SillyStell said: I suppose Sam and Max being around the furry comunity was a no brainer and I guess people would like to make a fangame at some point... BUT $50!?! Just to have so some smuck could have their poorly drawn, brightly coloured monstoriousty of a "character" in a probably generic game? Now that just an't right!

This post pretty much explains why I hate furries.

• Geez, what are these people thinking? Didn't they realise that it's illegal? I agree with the 'sue them' idea. I can't believe some of those commenters are actually willing to pay the money.

• @DJYellow22 said: This post pretty much explains why I hate furries.

Because... we... eh... nope, not making any sense out of this.

So please explain, why DO you hate me? I am pretty sure I never made a S&M fangame and charged for it... :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.