User Avatar Image

Game-Style?

posted by harryisere on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Hi, Im not very familiar with Telltale games.

How will this new jurassic park look and play?

I mean will it be like an adventure, open-world game like rockstars 'Red Dead Redemption' or 'GTA IV'? In which you can roam around the Island, encounter dinosaurs and complete missions when ever it suits you.

Or will it be more of a click and move game? Something like a PC game.

Could someone with more experience in playing Telltale games please tell me what is likely to be the style of the game? By style I mean what will it look like? Will be a game like red dead redemption? or a game like 'Jurassic park: Operation Genesis' with that click and move style

Sorry if this is a pointless thread, it's just im really excited about this game because Jurassic Park is my all time favourite film franchise.

Cheers x :)

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ah, okay. So it could take quite some time then. Might as well stick around though. i think I'll buy the full version of Sam and Max next week then. Get into the TellTale spirit.

• I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but have you tried Puzzle Agent? Even though it's not completly made by Telltale, it's still a good indication of how Telltale can handle(mostly) non-comedy storylines.

• I haven't. I saw it on the forums here but didn't look into it. Jumped right into Jurassic Park. lol I'll check it out as well though.

• User Avatar Image
    bubbledncr Telltale Staff

@waroftheworlds01 said:

If you mess up though the T-Rex eats you. But that could get frustrating. Hmmm... I can't wait to see some gameplay videos cause i want to know how TellTale is doing this!!! lol

Which is being worked on first by the way? BTTF or JP? Or are they being made at the same time?

How we're making dinosaurs eat people? Other than just chomp-chomp?

And we're working on both right now.

• That's music to my ears right there :)

• If they want to maintain a "can't die" policy, fine with me. If they want to add "deaths", that's also great. So long as they find a decent balance between adding that sense of peril, and making it so frustrating and repetitive trying to pass a particular scene over and over again you just stop playing and no longer care about it. If you've died thirty times in the same place, that sense of peril is no longer there, anyway. But mostly that depends on the difficulty level and your (as the player) experience and skill, so there's no way to satisfy everyone.

• I'm more excited for the BttF game, but I'm more intrigued by the JP game. BttF is by far my favorite out of these two franchises, but I think I've got a pretty good idea of how those games are gonna work.

JP is a totally different beast (pun not intended). I honestly don't have a clue of what to expect from TT in this game.

• And that just makes it that much more exciting waiting for the game. That and the fact Jurassic Park is a rare title nowdays. Although, can't help but notice it's in the middle of a comeback.

A toyline was released.
    A comic is being worked on with issue one already out.
    And now a TellTale game!

For a series that hasn't had much activity since Jurassic Park /// this is big news!

• Hmmm indeed. Big news, just imagine a jurassic park game with these graphics:

sam_max_consoles.jpg

I think I'll stick with JPOG a 7 year old game with graphics 10 times better.

simjp2010072321214084.png

• That's a pretty old version of the Telltale engine you took the Sam & Max shot from. And that game is SUPPOSED to look cartoony.

Add Comment