posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

PuzzAgent_puzzled_patron.jpg

Puzzle Agent is here!

Get it
Official site!

Store!

Marketing!
What is the mystery of Scoggins?

What the heck is going on Scoggins, Minnesota? When White House inquiries to the Scoggins Eraser Co. are answered only with curious puzzles, the U.S. Department of Puzzle Investigation's Nelson Tethers is sent on the case.

As the government's sole Puzzle Agent, Tethers has his hands full: the strange case of Scoggins plunges him into a mystery that will challenge every ounce of his expertise, and possibly his very wits too. Tethers must overcome brainteasers at every turn, including mazes, logic puzzles and riddles. He soon realizes that these - along with the clinically pre-occupied townspeople, secret societies, and mysterious sounds from the forest - are intimately connected to the core conundrum. And what's with the gnomes?

---

So you guys have been playing it a bit, I hope! What do you think? Let's talk Puzzle agent!

296 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wonderful! Played it at my friends today. I can't see any reason why a full series of this couldn't sell extremely well as a standalone Nintendo DS release.

Given the immense popularity of Professor Layton, this would more than please the appetites of the millions who bought that game, perhaps even supersede the current Puzzle Game Champion.

My money is on my main man Nelson Tethers.

• Just finished it. I have played Professor Layton and thought I should give this a go. I first tried the demo, but it never really interested me. Until I actually finished I today. The end of it made me want to buy it so I did. Took me 3 or 4 hours to finish, although I gave in to a few puzzles and used quite a few hints. The story was great, made me play want to play more and more. I would like to see more of this, just not now. Maybe next year.

• User Avatar Image
    Sky

I love it. Great writing, awsome storytelling, and a welcome departure from the well worn formula of TellTaleGames. This one actually made me jump out of my chair a couple of times (creepy gnomes) as well as made me laugh out loud. Another series that I will be looking forward to. Telltale, you continue to show me why you are my drug.:guybrush:

• Phenomenal! Please, Telltale, give us a full season!

• @Ophenix said: The puzzles on the other hand... Some where fun, most were tediouse and the repetition really broke me. How many times can I do the same retarded pipe-rearranging puzzle?

So I guess you complain if you're given a book of crosswords that "It's just the same stupid filling-words-in-boxes puzzle over and over again?"

I'm betting the repetition allowed the game to be longer - each distinct type of puzzle requires programming, but if you can reuse them a couple of times you get more gameplay from the same amount. I didn't find the 3-4 versions or levels of the same type of puzzle annoying (though obviously some on here did).

• A friend told me your stupid game left him hanging from the celling 3 times exactly. (Ergo: He loved it, he loves the music, he loves Bjorn and those dammit gnomes!).

• A most excellent experience! I would have liked to see some tougher puzzles, if not in the main storyline, hidden ones for people wanting more of a mind bender. As for the art-style, writing, atmosphere and everything that makes up the rest of this title was right up my ally. Looking forward to seeing more chapters under this IP. As there will be more.. right?! RIGHT!?.. right.

• My impressions of the game were quite well. I think the game needs a little work. For instance, I believe there should be a few more things to click on and just a bit more adventure in the game. I think the puzzles should be kept because I thought they were kinda cool. Also, I think they should do a full game rather than an episodic series with the game if they decide to do more.

• I wasn't sure entirely before I played the game how much I'd like a pure puzzle game like this. Now that I've tried it, I must say that this is not what I want from an adventure game. I can accept the occasional puzzle in adventure games and survival horror games, but when every puzzle is like an IQ test, it's a bit much.

So, while I agree the game is good - it's not what I want from an adventure game, and I'm not sure I will buy any more of them, at least for a long time. And from what I've read, I won't like Professor Layton either.

• I honestly love this game.

The atmosphere (just wonderfully Twin Peaksy), the music, the voice acting, the creepy soundeffects, the puzzles, I wouldn't change a thing!

Some people might think the puzzles were too easy. However, I don't mind a couple simple ones in between, as long as you don't put in some tougher ones as well. (BTW: I didn't find them repetitive at all.)

It took me two evenings to get through and that's just about the way I like it. I prefere games that don't take forever to complete.

I would definitely buy a season of this game in an instant! Go on, send Agent Tethers on his next mission. :)

RomanH

Add Comment