User Avatar Image

iTunes

posted by ffc82 on - last edited - Viewed by 640 users

Anyone know when its going to be on iTunes really want it for my iPhone?

Thanks

113 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • yeah slowing down for nearly a month...the update for any game on itunes for ios4 comptability takes a week at maximum ...so why does it take more than month?

• @bo2loz said: yeah slowing down for nearly a month...the update for any game on itunes for ios4 comptability takes a week at maximum ...so why does it take more than month?

They've already said that they had to redo a lot of art assets specifically to work at such a low resolution on such a small screen, and possibly supporting the retina display further complicates things? But please, could everyone just stop whining about it? They're working on it as hard as they can and it will come out as soon as it's done, there is no more information available, and posting here every other day is not going to suddenly cause them to know when it will be out. They will let us know when it's out, so just settle down and be patient.

• @SHODANFreeman said: They've already said that they had to redo a lot of art assets specifically to work at such a low resolution on such a small screen, and possibly supporting the retina display further complicates things? But please, could everyone just stop whining about it? They're working on it as hard as they can and it will come out as soon as it's done, there is no more information available, and posting here every other day is not going to suddenly cause them to know when it will be out. They will let us know when it's out, so just settle down and be patient.

hey am not whinning for the game am just waiting for a word to at least comfort us that they are preparing the game...what u said that they were working on the game these words were said at 20th of july which means almost near 20 days...so in all 20 days there's no sign of a word ...any dev plz comfort us that u are working on the game and tell us an exact released date

• @bo2loz said: hey am not whinning for the game am just waiting for a word to at least comfort us that they are preparing the game...what u said that they were working on the game these words were said at 20th of july which means almost near 20 days...so in all 20 days there's no sign of a word ...any dev plz comfort us that u are working on the game and tell us an exact released date

They will post that information when they have it, they are working on it.

How many times do I have to say this? And why does everyone expect an update on everything Telltale is doing every other minute?

:confused:

• @SHODANFreeman said: They will post that information when they have it, they are working on it.

How many times do I have to say this? And why does everyone expect an update on everything Telltale is doing every other minute?

:confused:

ok maybe u r right but i didn't ask for every minute info..i said it before it has been 20 days..not 20 minutes for god's sake and oh btw...how can u be so sure they are working on it? u have a proof or are u one of the team which i don't think u are..

• @bo2loz said: ok maybe u r right but i didn't ask for every minute info..i said it before it has been 20 days..not 20 minutes for god's sake and oh btw...how can u be so sure they are working on it? u have a proof or are u one of the team which i don't think u are..

It's been publicly announced in press releases and numerous forum posts by employees. They would tell us if they had canceled it, they just don't have any firm information to report, so they have no reason to update us and say "Oh, hey, nothing new to report on this".

And sorry if I come off as rude, I'm really cranky because my AC broke and my room is about 90 degrees right now. :mad:

• @SHODANFreeman said: It's been publicly announced in press releases and numerous forum posts by employees. They would tell us if they had canceled it, they just don't have any firm information to report, so they have no reason to update us and say "Oh, hey, nothing new to report on this".

And sorry if I come off as rude, I'm really cranky because my AC broke and my room is about 90 degrees right now. :mad:

lool never mind mate it's ok :) well i guess am anxious more than it takes i knw and i keep wanting to knw more and more about it...but as u said they are working on it so i guess we will have to wait nothing else we can do :)
    thanks for the info mate :)

• @SHODANFreeman said: It's been publicly announced in press releases and numerous forum posts by employees. They would tell us if they had canceled it, they just don't have any firm information to report, so they have no reason to update us and say "Oh, hey, nothing new to report on this".

Don't be so certain they would "tell us" if they cancelled it.

• @G.byrne said: Don't be so certain they would "tell us" if they cancelled it.

Even if they for some reason didn't, a couple month delay doesn't automatically mean canceled.

Example: Sam & Max Beyond Time & Space

December 2, 2008: Atari announced a new partnership with Telltale to bring Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space to retail worldwide in 2009 for both PC & Wii

March 9, 2010: Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space finally released to retail for PC & Wii.

Sometimes things get behind schedule, or technical problems crop up, or there are troubles with the distributor (See: Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures on XBLA being interrupted by Microsoft's "Summer of Arcade"). It doesn't mean things are canceled.

I have yet to see Telltale fail to release a port that they announced, so I can't be certain that they would tell us if they had decided to abandon it, but take the iPad versions of The Devil's Playhouse. They went for a couple months without saying anything about when/if episode 2 would come out, and then posted that they were having difficulty with the size limitations, but were still trying to see if they can tweak it enough to squeeze it in, but they still don't know when/if they will be able to release it.

TL;DR: Have some faith in Telltale. :)

• My wish is actually for the other developers. Tell tale needs their time, as they have higher demand adventure games than the norm. I did like the initial deluge of Adventure games on the iPad. I hope more of the easy ports come along while we wait.

Seems just about all kinds of graphic adventures seem to take on new life on the thing. Still, I have yet to take on the Simon the Sorcerer games and the Beneath the Steel Sky, on the thing. Together, they can take some time. Even though BTSS is an iphone game, it probably looks decent at 2x. I think the resolution isn't that far off from the original computer versions.

Edit: Sorry iPad users. The BTSS game doesn't currently run on iPad because for some strange reason, the current version is iOS4-only. Don't know why they locked out so many users. So iPad will have to wait until they get their iOS4 update.

Add Comment