User Avatar Image

Game-Style?

posted by harryisere on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

Hi, Im not very familiar with Telltale games.

How will this new jurassic park look and play?

I mean will it be like an adventure, open-world game like rockstars 'Red Dead Redemption' or 'GTA IV'? In which you can roam around the Island, encounter dinosaurs and complete missions when ever it suits you.

Or will it be more of a click and move game? Something like a PC game.

Could someone with more experience in playing Telltale games please tell me what is likely to be the style of the game? By style I mean what will it look like? Will be a game like red dead redemption? or a game like 'Jurassic park: Operation Genesis' with that click and move style

Sorry if this is a pointless thread, it's just im really excited about this game because Jurassic Park is my all time favourite film franchise.

Cheers x :)

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not to mention that the graphics in that Sam and Max season one screenshot are actually more technically impressive than the jaggie-ridden low-poly low-res nightmare that you posted as a comparison.

• OMG! I hope it looks like this:

ps1trogdor.jpg

• Honestly, and this is coming from a huge Jurassic park fan, I would say the picture of Sam and Max is more impressive. Smooth character builds are hard to come by in video games and Sam and Max in the picture is extreamly smooth. I mean, look at them! There's no imperfection at all in that picture!

Now look at the spinosaurus in the second picture. Yes, the textures are more detailed. But look at all the blockyness of the edges. The texture may be nice but the model itself needs work. One of my complaints I had about Operation Genesis was the graphics.

Now, I can see where you're going with this. you're thinking that the game will suck if they look like cartoons. Now, that's just silly. I can think of endless examples of films and games that look cartoonish but are still awesome. Little Big Planet for starters. Conker's Bad Fur Day had cartoonish dinosaurs that were still bad ass. And basicly every Tim Burton movie had cartoonish monsters that were still awesome to witness. The Sandworms and SnakeBeetlejuice from Beetlejuice, the Aliens from mars attacks.

Making something look cartoonish doesn't make it childish. As long as they're presented the same way they were in the movie if the dinosaurs look cartoonish that's alright with me.

EDIT: Oh, and I think your confusing graphics with design. The graphics in Telltale are not bad. You just don't seem to like the design.

• And Telltale is perfectly capable of coming up with more realistic-looking character models. The last time they did it, it looked like this:

csi-deadly-intent-005.jpg

And they've made significant improvements to their engine since then. So please, shut up about the god damn graphics at least until we see some screenshots or a trailer or something.

• Graphics like that would be awesome as well. lol
    I just can't wait to see "something" about the game. Anything right now would be nice. I'm still watching the E3 trailer with the ripples in the water of the rex footprint every now and then to tie me over untill something a new video or screen shot is released. The more I think about the game the more on the edge of my seat I am.

• @SHODANFreeman said: Not to mention that the graphics in that Sam and Max season one screenshot are actually more technically impressive than the jaggie-ridden low-poly low-res nightmare that you posted as a comparison.

Who gives a fuck about low-res graphics, the game is 7 years old after all, but at least the low poly models have detailed textures.

• @evilrex said: Who gives a fuck about low-res graphics, the game is 7 years old after all, but at least the low poly models have detailed textures.

Why would a video game based on a comic strip have detailed textures? Do you have any clue what the source material is, or are you just making crap up to rage about now?

• @SHODANFreeman said: Why would a video game based on a comic strip have detailed textures? Do you have any clue what the source material is, or are you just making crap up to rage about now?

I'm not directly aiming that at Sam & Max, but more rather just the entire of tell tale games' library.

Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Wallis & Gromit. Why only make games that are cartoony? Why take a movie that is not a cartoon and turn it into one within a video game?

• @evilrex said: I'm not directly aiming that at Sam & Max, but more rather just the entire of tell tale games' library.

Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Wallis & Gromit. Why only make games that are cartoony? Why take a movie that is not a cartoon and turn it into one within a video game?

They have made games based on properties that they were able to get a hold of and wanted to make, it has nothing to do with them being cartoony. There is no rule that Telltale will only work on cartoony games, as evidenced by the THREE CSI games they've produced over the past 4 years.

• @evilrex said: I'm not directly aiming that at Sam & Max, but more rather just the entire of tell tale games' library.

Did you miss the CSI screenshot I posted?

Edit: Something I just remembered that's going to drive you crazy. Watch the original Jurassic Park again. Specifically, watch the scene with Nedry and the Dilophosaurus. When Nedry slips and falls down the hill, listen very carefully to the sound effect the foley artists chose for that moment.

Now tell me Jurassic Park isn't a cartoon. :P

Add Comment