User Avatar Image

Game-Style?

posted by harryisere on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

Hi, Im not very familiar with Telltale games.

How will this new jurassic park look and play?

I mean will it be like an adventure, open-world game like rockstars 'Red Dead Redemption' or 'GTA IV'? In which you can roam around the Island, encounter dinosaurs and complete missions when ever it suits you.

Or will it be more of a click and move game? Something like a PC game.

Could someone with more experience in playing Telltale games please tell me what is likely to be the style of the game? By style I mean what will it look like? Will be a game like red dead redemption? or a game like 'Jurassic park: Operation Genesis' with that click and move style

Sorry if this is a pointless thread, it's just im really excited about this game because Jurassic Park is my all time favourite film franchise.

Cheers x :)

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Good at the time "toon" style graphics age a lot better the good at the time "realistic" style graphics. Case in point Okami V.S. Halo 1.

• I still don't see your problem with the graphics. Who cares what the graphics look like anyway. As long as the game is fun.

I want you to pick your favortie modern game that you play a lot. If that game had bad graphics, would you honestly not like it as much as you do now?

Edit:
    Let's take a step back for a moment. Going by what TellTale has done so far they often use the look and design that best fits the game. Wallis and Gromit looked like the original short films, Monkey Island and Sam and Max had there look, and CSI had the televison shows look. Why should we expect any less with Jurassis Park? What ever story they're going with I'm sure they're going to keep the look of what we saw in the movies like every other Jurassic Park game did.

• I'm guessing that the games won't be the movies, just similar to the movies, just curious what the plot is, i'm also curious of the plot to back to the future as well as the poll is closed now, so i can't find out any plots at all. Could you maybe post the possible plots please? It doesn't even have to be the right one.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: I still don't see your problem with the graphics. Who cares what the graphics look like anyway. As long as the game is fun.

Edit:
    Let's take a step back for a moment. Going by what TellTale has done so far they often use the look and design that best fits the game. Wallis and Gromit looked like the original short films, Monkey Island and Sam and Max had there look, and CSI had the televison shows look. Why should we expect any less with Jurassis Park? What ever story they're going with I'm sure they're going to keep the look of what we saw in the movies like every other Jurassic Park game did.

That's obvious and that's what I've been telling people all along, TT is a professional company after all, there's no reason why the JP game couldn't look like it should. I agree with you 100 %.

I want you to pick your favortie modern game that you play a lot. If that game had bad graphics, would you honestly not like it as much as you do now?

A lot of people wouldn't like a game with bad graphics, I know that. Even when the Alien vs Predator 3 trailers started coming out people were already complaining about the graphics :rolleyes: even if the game looked good enough for what it did.

Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Wallis & Gromit. Why only make games that are cartoony?

Damn, I must be talking about the wrong company then :rolleyes:, how silly of me.

Can you help me then? Can you tell me who did those CSI games?

Why take a movie that is not a cartoon and turn it into one within a video game?

Wait, they already released ingame footage of JP? OMG you have to show then to me!

I'm not directly aiming that at Sam & Max, but more rather just the entire of tell tale games' library.

*uff* Just like the tipical uninformed guy you're assuming that next TT games are going to look like that just because most (not all!) of their games are cartoony. And BTW, I still think that even with the cartoon looks Sam & Max and Monkey Island are more mature than Gears of War or Halo.

Just to humor you:
    Gears of War, Unreal Tournament, BulletStorm. Why only make games that have aliens and men with steroids? :P

• @thesporkman said: Did you miss the CSI screenshot I posted?

Edit: Something I just remembered that's going to drive you crazy. Watch the original Jurassic Park again. Specifically, watch the scene with Nedry and the Dilophosaurus. When Nedry slips and falls down the hill, listen very carefully to the sound effect the foley artists chose for that moment.

Now tell me Jurassic Park isn't a cartoon. :P

Are you joking? Seriously? "Now tell me Jurassic Park isn't a cartoon"
    Wow, unbelievable.
    So right, because the slipping sound is comical, it makes Jurassic Park a cartoon? Is that what your implying?

Drive me crazy? Lmao no, I've come across silly people a lot on my time on the internet.

And CSI? Have you seen the reviews of that? It's good for screen shots, sure, but it's not good for actually playing! Check out the game reviews, it'll "drive you crazy.".

• I know one thing we can do to improve this place...

• Who cares about the design of the web and the forums? It's just there. I just come here to check updates on their games, and to chat about them.

JP-Legacy hasn't a great desing either, you know?

• @evilrex said: Hmmm indeed. Big news, just imagine a jurassic park game with these graphics:

sam_max_consoles.jpg

I think I'll stick with JPOG a 7 year old game with graphics 10 times better.

simjp2010072321214084.png

Fortunately for everyone involved, the Telltale Jurassic Park game won't look like either of those screenshots.

• @evil_rex said: And CSI? Have you seen the reviews of that? It's good for screen shots, sure, but it's not good for actually playing! Check out the game reviews, it'll "drive you crazy."

Yes, we all know that what a few reviews have to say regarding the graphics of a game from 2006 completely invalidates any possibility that a game released in 2011 will be fun to play and true to the source material.

And nobody really claimed the graphics in CSI were necessarily good, they just said they weren't cartoony, despite your implication that cartoony is all Telltale will ever do.

• @Trenchfoot said: Who cares about the design of the web and the forums? It's just there. I just come here to check updates on their games, and to chat about them.

JP-Legacy hasn't a great desing either, you know?

What?

And I'm pretty sure people was implying the graphics were indeed good.

Add Comment