User Avatar Image

Everything Pack gone from Steam

posted by Dansgaming on - last edited - Viewed by 270 users

I was extremely sad when I went to purchase the telltale everything pack on steam, only to find it has been removed.

I spent a long time raising money to buy the pack and I finally raised all $100 and now I can't buy it anymore.

I was wondering if someone could at the very least tell me if the everything pack will return to steam in the future or if it is gone forever?

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dansgaming said: The reason I want this pack on steam is the HUGE savings and the convince of never having to worry about a broken, lost, or scratched disk.



    True, but at the same time, it's kinda like Netflix's streaming, or 's On-Demand type service, where you just get the film and no extras, bonuses, or frills.

  • @Dansgaming said: The reason I want this pack on steam is the HUGE savings and the convince of never having to worry about a broken, lost, or scratched disk.



    I dunno. 50% off ALL games and items from the store was a huge savings to me.
    And the end of the season discs are nice to have due to extra features and such, all the games are still provided digitally.

    To be honest I orignally was going to buy it all on STEAM untill I was told I couldn't get the end of seasons discs for free (just pay shipping) through STEAM. So I decided to buy them here, but I was a bit weary because I've had an official game company's website rip me off once.

  • @Elvenmonk said: I dunno. 50% off ALL games and items from the store was a huge savings to me.
    And the end of the season discs are nice to have due to extra features and such, all the games are still provided digitally.

    To be honest I orignally was going to buy it all on STEAM untill I was told I couldn't get the end of seasons discs for free (just pay shipping) through STEAM. So I decided to buy them here, but I was a bit weary because I've had an official game company's website rip me off once.



    Which one?

  • @Elvenmonk said: I'd also bought STALKER 3 times over (Once for $5 and then two times in two packs) and I never got gift codes for those for my friends.



    Someone clearly doesn't read well.
    The Orange Box and MI2 are the only 'packs' that give you a gift code if you buy it and already own some of it.

  • @StLouisRibs said: Someone clearly doesn't read well.
    The Orange Box and MI2 are the only 'packs' that give you a gift code if you buy it and already own some of it.



    Actually, they stated before I bought all those that if you buy extras now of anything on STEAM you get the gift codes of your extras. That's why my friend has a giftcode for the Red Fraction games and many others, and I've gift codes for CS:S and DoD:S and a few other games.


    @Gman5852
    The people who did the Sagarai (I believe that's how you spell it) Family. Obviously not an American company but non-the less I was screwed by them.

  • Most game packs will tell you when you are buying them whether or not you'll receive gift codes for prior purchases. You just have to read somewhere in the middle of the mashing of "buy now" buttons.

  • @Elvenmonk said: Actually, they stated before I bought all those that if you buy extras now of anything on STEAM you get the gift codes of your extras. That's why my friend has a giftcode for the Red Fraction games and many others, and I've gift codes for CS:S and DoD:S and a few other games.


    @Gman5852
    The people who did the Sagarai (I believe that's how you spell it) Family. Obviously not an American company but non-the less I was screwed by them.



    Read:

    EXTRA COPIES ARE NOT GIVEN IN MOST CASES.
    ONLY TITLES PURCHASED IN SPECIAL PROMOTIONS AS OUTLINED BELOW ARE ELIGIBLE FOR GIFTABLE EXTRA COPIES


    Extra copies will only be issued as a special promotion in the following cases:
    Users who own "Left 4 Dead" and then go on to purchase "Left 4 Dead + Left 4 Dead 2 Bundle" will receive an extra copy of "Left 4 Dead"
    Users who own “Half-Life 2” and go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack" will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2”.
    Users who own “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and then go on to purchase the "Half-Life 2: Episode Pack”, “Valve Complete Pack” or “The Orange Box” will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2: Episode One”.
    Users who own "Dawn of War II" and then go on to purchase "Dawn of War II Gold Edition" will receive an extra copy of "Dawn of War II"
    Users who own "The Secret of Monkey Island" and then go on to pre-order "The Secret of Monkey Island 2" will receive an extra copy of "The Secret of Monkey Island"
    Users who purchase the available four pack for one of the following games will receive three extra copies to gift to friends:
    Bioshock 2
    Borderlands
    Global Agenda
    Iron Grip: Warlord
    Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Madballs in Babo: Invasion
    The Scourge Project
    Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
    Shattered Horizon
    Zero Gear
    These special promotions will allow you to send a gift pass for your extra copy to a friend who does not already own the game.

  • @gman I also didn't get my extra Half-Life 2 for the Orange box.

    and @Shoda I'll look more carefully but I could've swarn it said I'd get extra copies of STALKER as I had owned it previously.

  • @Elvenmonk said: @gman I also didn't get my extra Half-Life 2 for the Orange box.

    and @Shoda I'll look more carefully but I could've swarn it said I'd get extra copies of STALKER as I had owned it previously.



    I know when I bought the id super pack, having previously purchased the Heretic/Hexen pack, it went out of its way to make sure I understood I would not be receiving extra copies of those games. :(

  • @SHODANFreeman said: I know when I bought the id super pack, having previously purchased the Heretic/Hexen pack, it went out of its way to make sure I understood I would not be receiving extra copies of those games. :(



    Which I find stupid. :/ If you bought something once, buying it a 3rd time and not getting one friend invite is kind of stupid. But I'm used to getting ripped off that I really just quit caring. Like I once went to go buy Bubble Teal. It was $4 for 2. I got charged $5.50 for the two. I didn't care because I'm so used to being ripped off/cheated it's not even funny.

    Like I was playing TF2 with my friends just now and I hit my friend (who was a Pyro) twice in a row (he standing still) with the DH and he didn't die or take damage. No airblast or anything.

    Or when I play L4D2 and I get hunter/jockey and my bar wont charge after my first jump. Or, at all. So I get no jumps with either class. Or randomly, if I'm not using the shotgun or sniper, my gun will stop working. I can't reload or shoot. I'm just used to it. Oh wait, last two. When I'm smoker and my tounge wraps around them and starts to pull them, then they walk out of it without me dying and I'm stuck pulling untill my tounge reaches me. And last when I'm spitter and my spit instantly shoots the ground under me. I can be aiming anyway and then BAM acid on the ground surrounding me.

    Man, I'm just unlucky.

Add Comment