User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 5: "The City That Dares Not Sleep"

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 7.3K users

Whoa is it time for one of these already? Probably not, but here it is anyway.

So yeah, July's pretty close to done so it's time for the Final Count..down... thread. Hm. I didn't expect to go there at all. My apologies.

I'm Jake, and as many of you guys know from elsewhere on the forums, I wear quite a few hats around the TTG offices. The last few months, I have been fortunate enough to wear the hat of "director" for the final chapter of The Devil's Playhouse, "The City That Dares Not Sleep.".

I'll be hanging around this thread for between now and release, answering questions and dropping amazingly obscure, indecipherable, impenetrable, mind-rending hints about the final episode. Which you guys will surely figure out within like ten minutes, causing me to freak out thinking I've unwittingly spoiled the season finale for you. Fortunately, you'll then inevitably second guess yourselves and get it all horribly wrong a few days after that.

The episode was written and designed by Chuck Jordan (writer/designer/director of The Penal Zone, and lord overseer of the whole season), who is enjoying his new exotic life outside the office (which means he's probably at home on his couch playing Limbo on XBLA), but hopefully he can be coaxed into stopping by as well to help field things, too.

So yeah, the questions, the speculating: Fire away!

Uhhh, uhhh, bullet points.... Stemmle had all those cool bullet points. Dammit. Bullets.

I am less prepared than Mike "Master of the Countdown Thread" Stemmle, if you didn't notice. My bullet points, however, far outclass those of any prior thread. Feast:

[LIST]
[*]It's the last episode of the season.
[*]It features some very nice decorative clocks and lamps which I think you'll enjoy.
[/LIST]

What more do you need to know?

594 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • maybe an after-credits teaser of jurassic park

• ten songs like world of max would be the best!

• If they have a song like that at least give us subtitles this time.

Think of us hard-of-hearing non-english people!
    (same for the DVD, please?)

• Subtitles would ruin the end credits. If they are there, at least take them off if people play the game without subtitles.

I hate subtitles because I always just stare at them and don't even end up looking at what's happening on the rest of the screen.

• @The Highway said: Subtitles would ruin the end credits. If they are there, at least take them off if people play the game without subtitles.

I hate subtitles because I always just stare at them and don't even end up looking at what's happening on the rest of the screen.

Talk the guy who's speak Natural English.

• @GinnyN said: Talk the guy who's speak Natural English.

Do you mean "Says the guy who speaks native English"?

And anyway, I'm just saying I'd rather not have subtitles.

• @The Highway said: Subtitles would ruin the end credits. If they are there, at least take them off if people play the game without subtitles.

I feel the same way about subtitles, too, but I don't see why they can't put them in the optional subtitles for those who can't understand as well.

• Aren't subtitles already optional? Actually, they're off by default everytime I run a new episode, so I fiddle with options and enable them whenever necessary.

• Well, during the game I mostly don't need them (just have them on just in case anyways. Never know when a loud sound effect or muffled effect makes something hard to hear. Also sometimes game have the funny issue that you can read stuff that isn't actually audible because of the distance, it helps then ;)), but during songs with the speed and soundtrack in the back it would really help to understand what's being said. Can't grasp 50% of "Life of Max" still...

Fortunately I listen to my music for the music, and not the lyrics, since I barely understand them in most cases :D.

• @The Highway said: Do you mean "Says the guy who speaks native English"?

And anyway, I'm just saying I'd rather not have subtitles.

When you see almost everything with subtitles, you develop an ability to see everything at the same time. I just remember 2 times in 3 years of watch stuff with Subtitles about missing something for them. It's practice.

Add Comment