User Avatar Image

Bioshock Infinite

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 190 users

Move over, Andrew Ryan. Here comes Bioshock Infinite, a new title in the Bioshock series that takes place in Columbia, a flying city* (Read: not not underwater).

So, this is quite a different direction for BioShock. What do you think?

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DrRocketGenius said: So, this is quite a different direction for BioShock. What do you think?

That direction being up instead of down. I'll see what it's like when it arrives, but it seems too similiar to Bioshock really to have the same impact. it's different, but is it really new?

• The biggest thing that stands out to me about this is the constant American-ism, patriotism, and perhaps imperialism flaunted throughout the trailer and screenshots and logo. This is OBVIOUSLY not Andrew Ryan's doing. I really like the idea of horror in sunlight, and the fact that it still feels like Jules Verne wrote a horror story. It's still Bioshock, which is what I want from a Bioshock game.

But that's the pros of what I think. My cons are that these guys are using really similar technology to what Andrew Ryan used. Unless he IS involved which is doubtful, then that does feel a bit uninventive. Do they have to use the same robots?

Anyway I'll see how it turns out when its finished.

• Seeing as how at the time of this narrative I would be a teenager, it seems like a story that doesn't involve me in the slightest. It seems to be a Final Fantasy style sequel, that it to say that connections to its predecessors are merely thematic and mechanical. That being said, I look forward to exploring the city of Columbia and their jingoistic orgy of psychopathic murder crows.

• I'm betting it'll go like this:
    You save the lady
    You realize the only way to stop madness is to destory airship
    You manage to disable the engines and the airships fall in the atlantic ovean
    Sealed up inside a room, you watch in horror as Lady dies in front of you
    Shocked by this, you decide to never leave the water again, and come up with a new identity: Andrew Ryan, and you reconstruct yourself in the Vitachambers to be 10 years younger.
    5 Years Pass, and your city is nearing completion. You make a speech ending with the word rapture but not as the name of the city. You go to your apartment, pick up your putter, and hit the golf ball into the hole.
    Cut to Credits

• @StLouisRibs said: I'm betting it'll go like this:
    You save the lady
    Shocked by this, you decide to never leave the water again, and come up with a new identity: Andrew Ryan, and you reconstruct yourself in the Vitachambers to be 10 years younger.
    5 Years Pass, and your city is nearing completion. You make a speech ending with the word rapture but not as the name of the city. You go to your apartment, pick up your putter, and hit the golf ball into the hole.
    Cut to Credits

Beautiful.

• If it's anywhere near as uninspired, diluted and dull as the first entry in the series? I'll wait until it hits the bargain bin so that I can think about picking it up and then proceed to decide that $5 is far too much to waste on it.

• @Rather Dashing said: If it's anywhere near as uninspired, diluted and dull as the first entry in the series? I'll wait until it hits the bargain bin so that I can think about picking it up and then proceed to decide that $5 is far too much to waste on it.

D'ah, he just Rather Dashinged the Thread.

• @Rather Dashing said: If it's anywhere near as uninspired, diluted and dull as the first entry in the series? I'll wait until it hits the bargain bin so that I can think about picking it up and then proceed to decide that $5 is far too much to waste on it.

Hey guys, look! A game that Rather Dashing doesn't like! That never happens!

• @StLouisRibs said: I'm betting it'll go like this:
    You save the lady
    Cut to Credits

Well. Now I don't have to play the game.

Add Comment