User Avatar Image

Monkey Merchandise- SHIPPING!

posted by bonnie on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

All the Monkey Merchandise, including the Deluxe Editions, are shipping right now. The first batch of orders for the Deluxe Editions are leaving the distribution center TODAY, the rest will ship early next week. Happy Friday Monkey Fans!

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • USPS says it's already been shippen on 6th July. But notting received yet :(

• Hi, i checked my order and the tracking says
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 15, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

So whats the deal here? They havn't been given my package to ship yet?

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@rincewind01 said: Hi, i checked my order and the tracking says

So whats the deal here? They havn't been given my package to ship yet?

The USPS "tracking number" is not a tracking number, it's a delivery confirmation.
    The status will only be updated after the delivery (if at all).

• Thanks for choosing USPS, I don't know any worse service than that.

• USPS gives me this polite note concerning my DVD:

Label/Receipt Number: LN05 1182 903U S
    Class: First-Class Mail International
    Service(s): International Letter

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 25, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.

Yes, you saw it correct, the June 25th is supposed to be the date of shipment.
    Well, up to now, I know it isnt. Only if the package is coming over Atlantic using rowboat.
    Please dont tell me it is!
    It is now 6 weeks and tree days - still no sign of my package.
    Is it reasonable from me to expect it before Christmas?
    Ok, 2011 Christmas?
    Yes, I know I am pushing too hard...

• Hi aufbix,
    So, it's probably safe to assume this shipment is either lost or stuck in customs. Anything after 6 weeks is too long. Please check your PM's.

Thanks,
    bonnie

• @Macfly77 said: This used to happen to me all the time.
    When I thought a package was taking too long to reach me, I used to contact the company I ordered it from to make sure it hadn't gotten lost and I often received the package the next day!

I wonder.. When is it time to start worrying?
    I live in sweden. Status in E-mail is:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 03, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@Usmanov said: I wonder.. When is it time to start worrying?
    I live in sweden. Status in E-mail is:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 03, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

From the date mentioned in your post, you should start worrying around mid-September.
    USPS does not provide tracking information for International Mail, just a delivery confirmation.
    So, the status on the USPS website will not be updated until AFTER your package is delivered.

Actually, it might not even be updated at that point, as my brother received his package before the end of June and the USPS status is still:
    "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 11, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item."

There is a good chance you will get your package long before mid-September (it took about 10 days for my brother to get his package in Belgium), but as international shipping can take up to 6 weeks, you shouldn't start worrying just yet.

• Hi MacFly,

It says:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 06, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item."

Should I start worrying about it? :confused:

Add Comment