User Avatar Image

Where's my DVD?

posted by zinzan on - last edited - Viewed by 232 users

I've paid the ridiculous $18 international shipping charge for my 'free' Monkey Island DVD, received the shipping notification on the 9th of June with a tracking number that can't actually be used to track the order, I've waited over the ridiculous six weeks for it to arrive and then some, and there is still no sign of my DVD.

As you can tell I'm not a happy customer, and in all likelihood won't be a customer again after this debacle.

Where is my DVD?

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

After two months, your DVD is most likely lost and your best option is to contact customer service at support@telltalegames.com.

• Have done that already... waiting for a response.

• For international shipping I would think it would arrive in 4 to 8 weeks. Wait 2 weeks and if it still has not arrived, try emailing Telltale at support@telltalegames.com. I know it is hard waiting but it should come in a little while.

• @zinzan said: I've paid the ridiculous $18 international shipping charge for my 'free' Monkey Island DVD

The DVD is free. The shipping costs are not. If you have an issue with the shipping cost, then take it up with the shipping/postal companies, not Telltale.

• xbskid, the shipping cost debate has been done to death elsewhere so I'm not going to get into it here suffice to say that telltale appoint the merchandisers and are ultimately responsible for the cost to their customers. the shipping costs for a DVD via USPS to my location are well below $18.

• @zinzan said: xbskid, the shipping cost debate has been done to death elsewhere so I'm not going to get into it here suffice to say that telltale appoint the merchandisers and are ultimately responsible for the cost to their customers. the shipping costs for a DVD via USPS to my location are well below $18.

Even if that is true, it actually is not up to Telltale to decide on the costs of shipping.

• @The Highway said: Even if that is true, it actually is not up to Telltale to decide on the costs of shipping.

Funny, ordered 5 games from gamestation UK, got charged 5 pounds and arrived home 12 days later.

But no, TellTale charges me 10 dollars, and here i am, almost 2 months later, still waiting for a friggin DVD to arrive.

• @Santino said: Funny, ordered 5 games from gamestation UK, got charged 5 pounds and arrived home 12 days later.

But no, TellTale charges me 10 dollars, and here i am, almost 2 months later, still waiting for a friggin DVD to arrive.

Hey, question, have you ever sent a package to America? No? Well, overseas shipping is hella expensive. Whereas national shipping isn't.

• @The Highway said: Even if that is true, it actually is not up to Telltale to decide on the costs of shipping.

Since they pick the company that managed the whole shipping business, yeah, they are kind of responsible.

• I've been waiting for my Monkey Island Deluxe Edition/Wallace & Gromit CE DVD order since June 30th. The tracking number they provided didn't track anything, and I'm waiting on a response from support .

I emailed them after 4 weeks to see what's up and they asked me to wait a little longer. It's now been 2 months... I really hope they can ship another one out to me since getting the Deluxe Edition was the whole reason I preordered the series. I also ordered at a time when they were offering free shipping, since up until recently the shipping rates they had were really bad to Canada.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone... even though that doesn't really help anything.

Add Comment